Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Locking down phone IP670

Occasional Visitor

Locking down phone IP670

We are preparing to deploy 70 ip670s in our environment. One of the tasks I want to perform is to lockdown the admin side of the phone. We are running 4.0.7

In the mac cfg file i have succesfully edited and added features.cfg and site.cfg with those files working now I am trying to edit fields in device.cfg to change the password. 

device.set = 1

device.auth.localAdminPassword = 9876

device.auth.localAdminPassword.set = 1

when the phone reboots i see the file is pulled from my FTP server but the password never get applied and 456 works.

We would also like to remove the option of changing backgrounds or remove them from the stock phone image. I removed them from the FTP server but they remain on the phones. 

Thanks for the help!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Locking down phone IP670

Hello CBlasek,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Are you using the parameters as shown in your reply or are you using quotation marks or inverted commas before and after the numbers?

A simply way to verify the parameters are correct is to simply import the file via the Web Interface. You can then also export the whole configuration and verify the phones has accepted these.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 3
Occasional Visitor

Re: Locking down phone IP670

I am using XML Notepad to edit the file. If I view it in notepad the values are wrapped in device.set="1"

I was able to import device.cfg and it was applied to a phone correctly. But when I tell it to do it via the config_files it fails to apply.

Message 3 of 3