Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have some trouble with the reverse lookup of incoming calls using the local directory (up.useDirectoryNames="1"). For some entries it does not work and I'm trying to figure out why. My idea was to increase the logging level but I'm not sure which module I have to touch. The Admin guide says:

Possible values for xxx are so,
app1, sip, sspsc, ssps, pps, net,
cfg, cdp, pmt, ftp, ares, dns, cxss,
httpd, rdisk, copy, slog, res, key,
log, curl, rtos, mb, ib, sotet, ttrs,
srtp, usb, efk, clink, ldap, and peer,
pnetm, cmp, cmr, usbio, pres,
pwrsv, and lldp.

None of that sounds like it would help to find the directory issue. Any help appreciated!

Sincerely

Jan

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Jan,

have you confirmed the SIP signaling via Wireshark or is it an intermittent issue?

I would suggest a App at level 2 .

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi,

thanks for your response. I don't have direct access to the phone.

I tried the setting with my own phone.

123456 is in my local directory.

0102095131|app1 |2|00|[AppHybridC] soNcasLookupCbFunc (0x95b823d0) Type 2 - Addr '123456@10.99.20.6:5060' Name ''
0102095131|app1 |2|00|[AppHybridC] soNcasLookupCbFunc (0x95b823d0) Type 1 - Addr '123456@10.99.20.6:5060' Name 'Ich Handy'
0102095131|app1 |2|00|OnEvNewCall User 123456@10.99.20.6:5060 Display Ich Handy to User 0 nKeyLine 0
0102095131|app1 |2|00|[AppHybridC] soNcasLookupCbFunc (0x95b823d0) Type 0 - Addr '123456@10.99.20.6:5060' Name 'Ich Handy'

456789 is NOT in my local directory.

0102100312|app1 |2|00|[AppHybridC] soNcasLookupCbFunc (0x95ba8480) Type 2 - Addr '456789@10.99.20.6:5060' Name ''
0102100312|app1 |2|00|[AppHybridC] soNcasLookupCbFunc (0x95ba8480) Type 1 - Addr '456789@10.99.20.6:5060' Name 'Zu:404'
0102100312|app1 |2|00|OnEvNewCall User 456789@10.99.20.6:5060 Display Zu:404 to User 0 nKeyLine 0
0102100312|app1 |2|00|[AppHybridC] soNcasLookupCbFunc (0x95ba8480) Type 0 - Addr '456789@10.99.20.6:5060' Name 'Zu:404'

I can see no difference in the log file. Zu: 404 is the display name in the sip invite.

Can you tell me about the Types? What is Type 0, 1, 2?

For now I'll increase the log level at the phone and ask the user to tell me when the reverse lookup did not work.

The log entries are the same no matter if the calling id is in my local directory or not.

HP Recommended

Hello Jan,

what Name is assigned to the 12345 in your local directory and is it different from the SIP Signalling?

Usually this functionality would only be used to identify external numbers that arrive without name etc.

The VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Oct 17, 2011 Question: How can change Logging Levels or use Syslog?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

In addition the Admin Guide matching your Software Version should explain the log levels as well.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

123456 is stored with the Name 'Ich Handy'. The Display name of the SIP invite is set to 'Zu: 404'.
456789 is not in my local directory.The Display name of the SIP invite is also set to 'Zu: 404'.

The phone seems to overwrite the displayname if there is a directory entry matching the caller id. That looks good to me.

What does the Type ID mean (soNcasLookupCbFunc (0x95b823d0) Type 0/1/2)?

I'll have to wait until the user is telling me that the reverse lookup did not work with a special number and try to inspect the app.log.

HP Recommended

The problem is located. It is not a bug of the Polycom.

The PBX allows to create contacts with different numbers (office, home, mobile). The customer added a contact with a mobile number. The local directory of the polycom only supports one number per contact. So the directory only contained the office number.

How can I raise a feature request to extend the local directory? It should be possible to assign different numbers to one contact.

HP Recommended

Hello JF,

the VoIP FAQ contains this:

Jan 03, 2013 Question: How can I request a change to the current Polycom SIP / UCS Software?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Best regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.