Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Logging Explanation

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Logging Explanation

I'm trying to track down why some of our VVX 500 phones on 4.1.X are freezing when they get a large number of inbound BLF signaling packets.

I'm trying to turn up the logging but I want to make sure that I'm looking in the right places.

My hypothesis is that the unit cannot process the amount of packets it is receiving if several of the monitored lines receive BLF information at a single time (such as if a VVX 500 is monitoring a support queue via BLF and all of the members of that queue receive a call at the same time).

Per the admin guide I can make changes to the following modules

These are the input filters into the internal memory-based log system. Possible values for xxx are acom, ares, app1, barcode, bluet, bdiag, brow, cap, cdp, cert, cfg, cipher, clink, clist, cmp, cmr, copy, curl, daa, dbs, dbuf, dhcpc, dis, dock, dot1x, dns, drvtbt, ec, efk, ethf, h323, hset, httpa, httpd, hw, ht, ib, key, ldap, lic, lldp, log, mb, mobil, net, niche, oaip, ocsp, osd, pcd, pdc, peer, pgui, pmt, pnetm, poll, pps, pres, pstn, ptt, push, pwrsv, rdisk, res, rtos, rtls, sec, sig, sip, slog, so, soem, srtp, sshc, ssps, style, sync, sys, ta, task, tls, trace, ttrs, usb, usbio, util, utilm, wdog, wifi, wlan, wmgr, and xmpp.

I couldn't find an explanation of what some of these components are.  Is that described elsewhere?  Perhaps in a technical document?

Thank you!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Logging Explanation

Hello Eric_P,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

We usually do not disclose the meaning of the individual logging modules as these should only be changed if advised by our support team.

I would suggest you reply how many BLF's you are actually using and which are signaling an incoming call at the same time so we get a general idea.

The FAQ itself contains a general VoIP troubleshooting post here:

Jan 19, 2012 Question: How to troubleshoot Polycom VoIP related Issues?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 2