Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I'm trying to track down why some of our VVX 500 phones on 4.1.X are freezing when they get a large number of inbound BLF signaling packets.

I'm trying to turn up the logging but I want to make sure that I'm looking in the right places.

My hypothesis is that the unit cannot process the amount of packets it is receiving if several of the monitored lines receive BLF information at a single time (such as if a VVX 500 is monitoring a support queue via BLF and all of the members of that queue receive a call at the same time).

Per the admin guide I can make changes to the following modules

These are the input filters into the internal memory-based log system. Possible values for xxx are acom, ares, app1, barcode, bluet, bdiag, brow, cap, cdp, cert, cfg, cipher, clink, clist, cmp, cmr, copy, curl, daa, dbs, dbuf, dhcpc, dis, dock, dot1x, dns, drvtbt, ec, efk, ethf, h323, hset, httpa, httpd, hw, ht, ib, key, ldap, lic, lldp, log, mb, mobil, net, niche, oaip, ocsp, osd, pcd, pdc, peer, pgui, pmt, pnetm, poll, pps, pres, pstn, ptt, push, pwrsv, rdisk, res, rtos, rtls, sec, sig, sip, slog, so, soem, srtp, sshc, ssps, style, sync, sys, ta, task, tls, trace, ttrs, usb, usbio, util, utilm, wdog, wifi, wlan, wmgr, and xmpp.

I couldn't find an explanation of what some of these components are.  Is that described elsewhere?  Perhaps in a technical document?

Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello Eric_P,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

We usually do not disclose the meaning of the individual logging modules as these should only be changed if advised by our support team.

I would suggest you reply how many BLF's you are actually using and which are signaling an incoming call at the same time so we get a general idea.

The FAQ itself contains a general VoIP troubleshooting post here:

Jan 19, 2012 Question: How to troubleshoot Polycom VoIP related Issues?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.