Login softkey hotdesk asterisk

Highlighted
Dbe
Occasional Visitor

Login softkey hotdesk asterisk

Hi,

UCS : 5.9.0.9373

Phone VVX400

We have a customer who wants to replace all his phones with Polycom Phones.

But he would like to use Hot desking in a particular way.

Our pbx is using HotDesk login via a feature key (*11) wich is linked to a vocal menu.

You're entering your login information and you're logged.

Our customer would like to user this feature with a softkey !

He need 'Login' softkey wich calls *11 then when the login is OK, the softkey turns into a logout button.

I really don't know how to put this in place.

I already checked this page https://community.polycom.com/t5/VoIP-SIP-Phones/FAQ-Using-Enhanced-Feature-Keys-EFK-macros-to-chang... but it didn't really helped me.

Do you have an idea ?

Thanks !

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Login softkey hotdesk asterisk

Hello @Dbe ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

An EFK can only be one function and cannot change depending on an Action.

We have this feature which should work for your customer:

Oct 20, 2011 Question: How can I use the User Login Feature introduced in UC Software 4.0.0?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

In addition, the VVX400 is classed as a legacy VVX as no further features are going into the UC Software 5.9.x.

The VVX401 and VVX411 will receive UC Software 6.x.x

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 3
Dbe
Occasional Visitor

Re: Login softkey hotdesk asterisk

Thank you for yout reply !

I'll check the link riight now !

Message 3 of 3