Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hey Gang,

It looks like issues with the digit map are common, but I promise I have painstakingly viewed quite a few posts and FAQs on the subject, both here in the forums and elsewhere, and everywhere I look tells me that the dial plan I'm using (below) should work, but yet it doesn't:

[2-9]11|0T|011xxx.T|91[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[1-8]xx

I get that [2-9]11 allows for 411, 611, 911 calls

I get that the bar (|) deliniates a new sequence

I get that 0T is for people dialing 0 for the operator and that the T is for the timeout

I get that 011xxx.T is for international calls

And that last bit is partially edited by myself.

We have 3CX set up so that if you dial 9 before a number, the system recognizes that you need an outside line. It doesn't matter if you dial a 1 before the area code because even if you don't, the system will strip the 9 and prepend a 1 before sending the call.

Along those same lines, if you just dial any 3 digit extension (in the 100-899 range), the call is simply connected to that extension, hence the bit at the end of the string.

PROBLEM: The problem is that no matter what I do, the phone will only get as far as 10 digits and starts dialing.

So if I want to dial 800-555-1212, for example, I would dial 918005551212, but it'll cut me off before I can enter the last two digits, regardess of the fact that I've put the full 12 digits in that section of the dial plan. It just makes no sense why it would do this.

I've tried any number of different variations in the dial plan, and I've also done a factory reset on the phone itself, to no avail.

Secondary to all that, I'm not sure how to view the log after raising the Global Log Level Limit to Event 3. I'm on BootROM version 4.3.0.0246, so this post was saying that it should be shown in the web interface, though I have no idea where exactly I should be seeing this. I also don't see any files along the lines of  <mac>-app.log in the TFTP folder on the server either. So the fact that I can't view the logs isn't helping diagnose the issue at all.

Surely someone else has come across this issue though, so any helpful input, including the specific dial plan that you use for your own organization, would be greatly appreciated!

P.S. This is for a Polycom IP SoundStation 6000 with SIP Software Version 3.3.1.0769

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello tgulley,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The => FAQ <= you found mentions that logs via the Web Interface is only possible using UCS 4.0.0 or newer.

You would require to update your phone to for example UCS 4.0.6

You could either setup an FTP server or use an TFTP server that allows you to upload log files or append to log files or in worst case use an Syslog server.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks, Steffen. I appreciate your feedback!

I already went to the downloads page, but I guess I was confused by the version numbers.

Does "UCS" refer to the SIP Software version? I figured it was in reference to the BootROM version, so running 4.3.0.0246, thought I was already up-to-date.

Is there a quick-start guide somewhere for updating firmware? I have no idea what to do with the files I just downloaded. It's not an executable file, and I don't see anywhere in the web interface that would allow me to upload.

If I were to put the files in the TFTP folder on the server, I wouldn't know how to tell the phone to go retrieve the files as there doesn't appear to be any TFTP settings in the web console. 

HP Recommended

Hello ,

Again the community's VoIP => FAQ <= contains this post here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I setup my Phone / Provisioning / Download / Upgrade / Update / Downgrade Software?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I'm not understanding the following part of the FAQ:

1) Before you can successfully install UC Software 4.0.x onto phones running Polycom® UCS released prior to version 4.0.0, you must perform a required upgrade procedure using the Polycom® Upgrader 4.4.0 Utility.

It says the procedure needs performed using the upgrader utility but the utility isn't an executable, so I don't understand how I'm supposed to use it exactly.

I have the phone set up now to look at my TFTP server, but it's not requesting any of the upgrader utility files when it boots up, although it is placing a couple log files in the TFP folder now, which I would've attached here, but the system blocked the attachements, saying that they weren't an allowable file type. 

I can paste the text here if need be, but it would be a BUNCH of text.

HP Recommended

Hello,

if you simply follow the last chapter name "Example FTP Server" I believe I could not make it more clear.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.