Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Looking for advice re; deploying and managing approximately 50 8500/8800 Trios

SOLVED
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Looking for advice re; deploying and managing approximately 50 8500/8800 Trios

I have to deploy (and ulitmately manage) approximately 50 Trio 8500/800 phones (w/a generic profile). These will be spread out regionally and I'm looking for some advice regarding their deployment and management. Right now I provision them via USB key and I have created personalized cfg files for each phone that set the IP, extension, VLAN, SIP server, etc. that I load after I load a generic cfg from the USB key that enables IP access which allows me to push the other cfg files via the web manager. All of that has been going well as we are not deploying these all at once but rather 5-6 phones at a time. However once they are deployed I'll need a way to manage them and I'm hoping for a solution that centralizes the phones so that I can see where they are, their configuration, status and UC version. It cannot be cloud based and I would prefer a program that runs locally.  

Right now I am tracking w/a spreadsheet and running the web configurator on each phone, not the best method going forward.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Looking for advice re; deploying and managing approximately 50 8500/8800 Trios

Hello jbass@srcinc ,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Jan 04, 2019 Question: Where can I find details on Polycom Provisioning Servers?

Resolution: Polycom has separate Solutions for either on Premise Polycom ResourceManager RPRM or a Cloud Solution called PDMS-E and additional details can be found => here <=

I suggest you look into PDMS-E

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

<==== Signature / Disclaimer ======>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 3
Occasional Contributor

Re: Looking for advice re; deploying and managing approximately 50 8500/8800 Trios

@SteffenBaierUK, thanks for the response!
I'll give RPRM a look and I'll have our security team look into PDMS-E (due to the nature of our business cloud solutions have meet certain security/government criteria).

-James

Message 3 of 3