Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Background information:
- (UC) Software version of my phone: 5.9.0.9373
- Phone model: VVX 150
- Call platform: openSIP / commercial SIP provider with IPv6 support
- Support information package: attached
- Serial / MAC of my device: 64:16:7F:55:13:D4
- Issue since: day 1

Setup environment:
My ISP is using Dual Stack Lite. I have setup port forwarding in my router.
My Polycom VVX 150 is configured for IPv4 (internal LAN) and IPv6 (WAN), with IPv6 preferred. IPv6 is obtained via SLAAC.
Once a day my ISP resets my connection with the result that my router is assigned a new global IPv6 address. My global IPv6 is thus dynamic. My carrier grade NAT IPv4 address typically also changes at the same time, but this IP should not matter.
The phone was/is configured via the "Web Configuration Utility" using "Simple Setup" and further settings in the more advanced web configuration settings.

Reproduction steps:
- Power cycle Polycom VVX 150
- Polycom VVX 150 registers correctly at SIP provider via IPv6
- Polycom VVX 150 works as expected
- Wait for daily IPv6 refresh (or reset modem)

Expected result:
- The Polycom does detect that the global IPv6 has changed, obtains the new global IPv6 via SLAAC and re-registers at the SIP provider

Actual result / problem:
- The Polycom does NOT properly detect that the IPv6 has changed (according to my wife the device does emit 2 sounds in the night at around the time of the dynamic IP change so the Polycom does detect "something" but obviously fails to properly handle the event, so maybe this is "just" a major open bug?), does still display the old IPv6 in its web management console, does not display any warnings whatsoever on the phone, displays it is registered at the SIP provider just fine but is actually cut off the VOIP provider. The only known way to get the Polycom client to refresh the IPv6 connection is to reboot the phone, see reproduction steps.

Added notes:
- I did read the VOIP FAQ, did not find anything of help.
- The link for "Feature Descriptions & Technical Notifications" is a 404

- I did post this specifically here and did not contact support directly, as I guess that many private customers will have this major UX issue, so making the solution searchable might be helpful to those users.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @VOIPer,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Please get this into support.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.