- (UC) Software version of my phone: 126.96.36.19973
- Phone model: VVX 150
- Call platform: openSIP / commercial SIP provider with IPv6 support
- Support information package: attached
- Serial / MAC of my device: 64:16:7F:55:13:D4
- Issue since: day 1
My ISP is using Dual Stack Lite. I have setup port forwarding in my router.
My Polycom VVX 150 is configured for IPv4 (internal LAN) and IPv6 (WAN), with IPv6 preferred. IPv6 is obtained via SLAAC.
Once a day my ISP resets my connection with the result that my router is assigned a new global IPv6 address. My global IPv6 is thus dynamic. My carrier grade NAT IPv4 address typically also changes at the same time, but this IP should not matter.
The phone was/is configured via the "Web Configuration Utility" using "Simple Setup" and further settings in the more advanced web configuration settings.
- Power cycle Polycom VVX 150
- Polycom VVX 150 registers correctly at SIP provider via IPv6
- Polycom VVX 150 works as expected
- Wait for daily IPv6 refresh (or reset modem)
- The Polycom does detect that the global IPv6 has changed, obtains the new global IPv6 via SLAAC and re-registers at the SIP provider
Actual result / problem:
- The Polycom does NOT properly detect that the IPv6 has changed (according to my wife the device does emit 2 sounds in the night at around the time of the dynamic IP change so the Polycom does detect "something" but obviously fails to properly handle the event, so maybe this is "just" a major open bug?), does still display the old IPv6 in its web management console, does not display any warnings whatsoever on the phone, displays it is registered at the SIP provider just fine but is actually cut off the VOIP provider. The only known way to get the Polycom client to refresh the IPv6 connection is to reboot the phone, see reproduction steps.
- I did read the VOIP FAQ, did not find anything of help.
- The link for "Feature Descriptions & Technical Notifications" is a 404
- I did post this specifically here and did not contact support directly, as I guess that many private customers will have this major UX issue, so making the solution searchable might be helpful to those users.
welcome to the Polycom Community.
Please get this into support.
Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.
Polycom Global Services