Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Lync 2010

LWG
Occasional Visitor

Lync 2010

We have over 65 Polycom SoundPoint IP 501 phones within our corporate network, and we're looking to switch our VoIP provider to Microsoft Lync; just wondering if the 501's are compatible with MS Lync via firmware upgrade?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Lync 2010

Hello LWG,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

A future UCS 4.0.1 will introduce LYNC but is not compatible with your legacy Phones.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services 

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 4
LWG
Occasional Visitor

Will our existing phones work at all?

Message 3 of 4
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello LWG,

I am not sure if I understand your reply.

The SPIP501 are classed as legacy Phones and have been discontinued.

They will still be supported by future SIP releases within the SIP 3.1.x release

Only newer Phones that are supporting UCS 4.0.x will become basic LYNC ready once UCS 4.0.1 is released.

I can provide a list of Phones on the release date.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 4 of 4