Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We are currently in the middle of a proof of concept testing Lync 2013 Enterprise Voice as a replacement for our current analog phone system. We have 5 VVX model phones, all running firmware version 5.0.2 and version 2.1 of the BToE connector application.

We are having three difficulties with testing so far:

1. When a user is running BToE connector and using the Lync client for dialing, we are noticing an issue with conference calling.

Steps to reproduce:

a.  User 1 has BToE connector running and initiates a call to User 2 with the Lync client. User 2 is also using the BToE connector (This seems to work well for us so far).

b.  User 1 drags/adds another Lync user, User 3 (using BToE) into the call using the Lync client. User 1 sees "Starting Conference Call..." on their Lync client which seems to hang/freeze. During this time User 1 cannot talk to User 2. User 2 receives a prompt on their VVX phone to Accept or Reject a call from User 3. The conference call does not start unless User 2 accepts the incoming call from User 3.

We are concerned that this behavior will confuse our end users. Is there a way to have the VVX phones automatically accept conference call requests?

2. The BToE application does not seem to be closing Lync windows at times, after a call has completed. This happens especially with conference calls.

3. On VVX phones it requires three steps to access Voicemail. Pressing the Voicemail button, pressing the Select button for Messaging Center and pressing the Connect button. Is there any way to have the Voicemail button connect directly to Exchange unified messaging? As a workaround we have programmed a favorite index for the Voicemail extension.

Has anyone noticed these issues in their environment? Have you found a workaround or fix for either issue? Thanks in advance for any help offered!

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

JWise,

I have a similar issue with Conference calls freezing when using BToE with Lync.  After weeks of troubleshooting with Polycom, and not making any progress i have decided to wait until UCS 5.1.1 to come out.  The expected release date is end of June. 

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply TTMing.

Did Polycom tell you that this issue should  be fixed in the next release 5.1.1, or are you hoping to see it on the resolved issues list?

HP Recommended

No, I'm hoping to see it on the resolved issues list.  =).  One feature that will be availabe in 5.1.1 is direct transfer to Voicemail. Conferencing from the VVX phone is on their development list and will not be available until next year. 

HP Recommended

Hello JWise,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

A few official answers that I can provide:

1. Currently working as designed as the BToE Application is not officially Microsoft certified

2. As answer provided in 1

3. The up.oneTouchVoiceMail parameter should enable this functionality.

@TTMing

have you got the relevant Polycom Service Ticket number starting with 1- ?

All dates or software versions mentioned in above replies are all subject to change. Any issues found need to be reported via your Polycom reseller so Polycom support can identify these and then replicate if applicable.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Steffen,

Is there any way to know the BToE roadmap? We would be very interested in seeing if the first two issues resolved.

HP Recommended

Steffen,

Service ticket is  1-548672771.

HP Recommended

Hello JWise,

we do not comment on any roadmap within this community as it requires a non disclosure agreement in order to share future developments.

You should work with a Polycom sales engineer via your Polycom reseller.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.