Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have SoundPoint 331 with UC 4.1.1.0260

I am currently migrating from Lync 2010 to Skype for Business with my own internal Certificete Authority

When migrating a user from the Lync pool to the Skype pool, a user is unable to make calls due to the phone configs, I have asked our network team to create me a test VLAN, so that when I move a user across the pool I want to be able to test on a new phone if they can sign in and communication.

I have done the necessary DHCP configs and amended the config files.

When I am trying to sign in with Lync from the phone menu I am getting "Lync sign in Failed" message.  I have also noticed that the user logon information is removed when sign in fails.

Please phone log files attaced.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello Guji,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Usual standard log levels are normally insufficient to troubleshoot these kind of issues but to my knowledge non of our current official software releases supports SfB Server 2015 on-premises environments or SfB Online.

I am not aware of the road map for non VVX devices and will work with a Polycom Sales Engineer in your region to contact yourself.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Guji,

looking at your App log I would verify your DHCP settings.  It looks like your phone is having some TLS issues.

000022.866|cfg  |4|03|Prov|Unknown suboption received for DHCP option 43
0812134541|sip  |4|03|[TLS] hostname has zero length
0812134541|sip  |4|03|[TLS] Server Certificate SAN or CN validation failed
0812134541|sip  |4|03|MakeTlsConnection: connection failed error 1
0812134542|sip  |4|03|[TLS] hostname has zero length
0812134542|sip  |4|03|[TLS] Server Certificate SAN or CN validation failed
0812134542|sip  |4|03|MakeTlsConnection: connection failed error 1
HP Recommended

Hello James and Guji,

The Option 43 error can be ignored as the SPIP 321, 331 and 350 do not Support PIN & Extension.

As already outlined we do not currently support SfB Server 2015 on-premises environments or SfB Online.

You can try and lower the SIP logging levels to debug to see what the TLS errors are but as mentioned above there is no support from Polycom.

As also mentioed I have informed the relevant Polycom Sales Engineer for this region.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

If option 43 is not correctly setup you will need to manually load the certificate for Lync on the phone.  Instructions can easily be found on this site.

Your phones might not work with SfB Online, but all desktop phones that were certified with Lync 2013 are automatically certified with SfB on prem.  Nothing really changed on the desk phone side.

http://partnersolutions.skypeforbusiness.com/solutionscatalog/ip-phones/polycom-soundpoint-ip-321-an...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.