Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We too have around 50+ Soundpoint PI 501 phones and are looking to upgrade to Lync.  Is there no way to use these with Lync?

Thanks

MOVED BY MOD FROM => here <=

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello schoquette,

welcome to the Polycom community.

@schoquette wrote:

Is there no way to use these with Lync?

Thanks

MOVED BY MOD FROM => here <=

I have moved your Post as the question to the original answer was already provided.

The community has a FAQ which answers this question already => here <=

Dec 6, 2011 Question: What Phone Models support the LYNC Features added in UCS 4.0.1?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

UCS 4.0.1 added support for phones to interoperate with a limited set of Microsoft® Lync™ server 

features (applies to SoundPoint IP 321, 331, 335, 450, 550, 560, 650, VVX 500, 1500, SoundStation IP 5000, SoundStation Duo, and SpectraLink 84xx).

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Service

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

The SoundPoint IP 501 handset is not one of the supported models for direct SIP registration with Microsoft Lync, but it can be used via a partner gateway solution provided by NET or Audiocodes, for example.

HP Recommended

Jeff, i was looking at using the NET UX1000 gateway with the 501's and Microsoft Lync 2010.  Would that work, is there any thing i should be aware of?  We have so many 501's, i really hate to purchase new ones since these work great and with out problems.   But we would like to move to Lync if at all possible.

Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.