Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

[MOVED] Lync 2010

schoquette
Occasional Visitor

[MOVED] Lync 2010

We too have around 50+ Soundpoint PI 501 phones and are looking to upgrade to Lync.  Is there no way to use these with Lync?

Thanks

MOVED BY MOD FROM => here <=

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: [MOVED] Lync 2010

Hello schoquette,

welcome to the Polycom community.

@schoquette wrote:

Is there no way to use these with Lync?

Thanks

MOVED BY MOD FROM => here <=

I have moved your Post as the question to the original answer was already provided.

The community has a FAQ which answers this question already => here <=

Dec 6, 2011 Question: What Phone Models support the LYNC Features added in UCS 4.0.1?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

UCS 4.0.1 added support for phones to interoperate with a limited set of Microsoft® Lync™ server 

features (applies to SoundPoint IP 321, 331, 335, 450, 550, 560, 650, VVX 500, 1500, SoundStation IP 5000, SoundStation Duo, and SpectraLink 84xx).

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Service

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 4
jschertz
Polycom Employee

The SoundPoint IP 501 handset is not one of the supported models for direct SIP registration with Microsoft Lync, but it can be used via a partner gateway solution provided by NET or Audiocodes, for example.

-----------
Jeff Schertz - Principal Microsoft Solutions Architect [Blog]

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Message 3 of 4
sshannon
Occasional Visitor

Jeff, i was looking at using the NET UX1000 gateway with the 501's and Microsoft Lync 2010.  Would that work, is there any thing i should be aware of?  We have so many 501's, i really hate to purchase new ones since these work great and with out problems.   But we would like to move to Lync if at all possible.

Thanks

Message 4 of 4