Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

we are having problems with polycoms Ip Sound Station 7000 and 6000 models.

The problem is the following:

- The polycom requests the file 3111-40000-001.bootrom.ld an with a MSS  of 1460 bytes

- The provisioning server, sends back the imagen within a 200OK. The size od this packet is 1460 bytes

- This 200OK is going troguh an IP-sec tunnel to the polycom LAN.

- In the polycom LAN this packet comes fragmented into 2 packets: one packet with 1404 bytes and the other with 56 bytes.

- The polycom seems not able to reassemble  these packets and never responds with an ACK to the 200OK, so there are to many  retransmisions from the provisonig.server  and the polycom is not able to load the imagen.

So the question is,  is it  possible to modify the MTU/MSS values in these polycom models???

Many thanks and Kind Regards

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello Javi,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

As far as I am aware this is not possible.

• What is the SIP and BootROM software Version on these phones?
  • How do you provision?
    HTTP / FTP / TFTP
  • What is the provisioning infrastructure?
    Microsoft 2003?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello Steffen,

What is the SIP and BootROM software Version on these phones?

BootROM version: 4.3.1.0440

SIP version: 3.3.4.0085

How do you provision?
 HTTP

What is the provisioning infrastructure?

The polycom requests the files through a IP-sec tunnel via HTTP  to our network. The files are stored in a Solaris server.

Hope this asnwer you questions.

Best Regards

HP Recommended

Hello Javi,

based on the information this should not be an issue as we had a prior case (VOIP-77436) where the fragmentation would not work if instructed by ICMP.

In order to follow this up and verify the issue a Support ticket would need to be raised via your Polycom reseller.

I would suggest you setup a local Server in order to download the software directly as a current workaround and point for the configuration files back to your provisioning server.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.