Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

MWI and BLF issues

Occasional Contributor

MWI and BLF issues

Greetings all,

A quick question regarding the IP550.  I have 3 of them I just setup for some friends.  Two of them picked everything up and are working stellar.   One of them is in a different location, and is absolutely refusing to register any MWI or BLF hints.  I am not sure if it could be a firewall issue or if it is a configuration issue or what.

All phones are configured using firmware 4.0.4 and bootrom is the newest as well.   All phones are configured (from what I can tell) identically, and we've reset configuration and formatted filesystem both on that third phone (resyncs to the FTP server), but simply cannot get the indicators to work.

Where to start debugging this?

Thanks,

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: MWI and BLF issues

Hello ledoktre,

I suggest to check the FAQ post here:

Nov 4, 2011 Question: How can I setup a Busy Lamp Field / BLF with an Digium Asterisk SIP Server?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Above explains how to utilize a wireshark trace to check the SIP signaling.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 2