Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi

We have a customer that require to have 83 contactact in Buddy watch list. When we tested we found the phone only supports maximum 64 contacts, remaining contacts apears grayed. We tested with the following models.

VVX 300 - Maximum 63

VVX 410 - Maximum 64

VVX 500 - Maximum 64

We don't have VVX 600, so cannot test it.

The limit on buddy watch is not documented anywhere in documentation, is there any option to increase the number of Buddy watch or what phone model should we use to have a presence for more than 64 contacts?

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Are you using the phones in a Microsoft Lync environment or a different one?  Also, what software version are you running on?  You may find the Polycom Color Expansion Module would be of great benefit for you (depending on what firmware you are running).

>> http://www.polycom.com/products-services/voice/desktop-solutions/realpresence-desktop-vvx-business-m... <<

This will give you 28 additional contacts per page, with 3 different pages allowing for a maximum of 84 contacts per Expansion Module... and you could put three of these Expansion Modules together!

HP Recommended

Hi JPLarsonqg,

We are using phones in Asterisk environment (11.6.0). We are already using Polycom VVX Color Expansion modules.

The phones were upgraded to the latest GA  firmware 5.2.0.

The issue is not related to VVX expansion module, since it's a buddy list that is not fully populated on the phone.

HP Recommended

We have downgraded the VVX phone to 4.1.8 firmware and it works fine now. It seems there is a bug in the latest 5.2.0 firmware.

Please kindly fix the bug.

HP Recommended

Hello licedey,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

In order to verify that this is not a local issue introduced by yourself or the configuration you are using please go ahead and raise a Polycom support ticket via your Polycom reseller.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello licedey,

I have reproduced this internally with slightly different results.

Could you please confirm you went ahead and escalated this ?

If you have not done so please follow this up and quote VESC-5044.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Feedback from Polycom support:

The limitation on number of buddy watch was imposed on purpose, because it was causing the issue with the phone.

I went through the email thread and internal case notes and agreed that the maximum buddy watch contact are 64 (openSIP). It will be documented in next release admin guide.

Please take note that more than 64 (80+ in your customer case) in 4.1.8 for openSIP was a bugs which causing some issue to our phone and thus it was fixed in newer version.

HP Recommended

Why do you sell three side cars if you cant display all the status on the phones. 

We have a VVX 310 with 3 expantion Modules. 

I need to see if somone is no the phone on all the lines.

How shall i do this if i have 125 lines and buddy is limited to 64.

HP Recommended

Hello EggyTheTech,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The usability depends on the Server being used.

For example a BroadWorks Server can only have 50 BLF instances. A LYNC / Skype Server can have 200 Favorites monitored on the phone.

In addition users may want to use the flexible Line Key Feature to have the lines / Speed Dials on certain places on the expansion module.

Therefore we have a maximum of 3 modules and keys but the usability for monitoring depends on the server.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, The issue i am having is:

I have FreePBX 13 /  asterisk 13 as the server. 

I have vvx 310 with 3 expansion modules. 

With firmware 5.4.2 the Expantion modules work but only 64 of the Button Lights are working as the Firmware is limeted to 64 Buddy watch statuses. so most of the side cares ate not helpful to the end user.

If i use Firmware 4.1.8 i do get 125 Buddywatch Statuses but the Buttons will not light up.

What i need is a firmware that lets me have the status of the lines of 125 other phones. so the operater can direct calls.

Is Buddy watch the only way to use the buton Status light on a polycom phone?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.