Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Microbrowser sip 501,550 refresh?

Occasional Visitor

Microbrowser sip 501,550 refresh?

I wrote a simple app for my polycom sip 501 and 550 phones, and it works great, the only problem is the microbrowser when I hit the app key loads the page fine, but it caches it if I exit so the next time I go to it it displays the same thing without refreshing. I can force the refresh by pressing the refresh soft key, but is there any automatic way to refresh either by disabling the caching so each time I press the button it reloads, or a JavaScript method (I don't think JavaScript works on the 591 or 550 microbrowser)

Help:)
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Microbrowser sip 501,550 refresh?

Hello Vinnie881,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

According to the Web Application Developer’s Guide 3.1 (Your SPIP501 can only run SIP 3.1.7 so this is the latest guide) we do support HTTP refresh headers. This can currently be found => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 4
Occasional Visitor

It did not work  I added 

<head>
<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="5"/>
</head>

and nothing changed, the only way I can refresh is via a button push using

<softkey index="2" label="Refresh" action="SoftKey:Refresh"/>

any other idea's?

Message 3 of 4
Occasional Advisor

I'm having the same problem, no refresh (and no errors) on:

http://geekho.com/wanda/

Essentially:

<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="5" />
<title>Pine Cay Weather</title>
</head>
<body><table border="1"><tr><td>WANDA</td><td>Sun</td><td>Aug</td><td>17</td><td>2014</td><td>12:11</td></tr><tr><td>Temp</td><td> 80</td><td>RH</td><td> 86</td><td>SlrH2O</td><td> 50</td></tr><tr><td>WSpeed</td><td> 16</td><td>WDir</td><td>E</td><td>WSmax</td><td> 27</td></tr><tr><td>Rain</td><td> 0.04</td><td>Solar</td><td> 157</td><td>Cistern</td><td>40682</td></tr><tr><td>KWHRhr</td><td>0.000</td><td>KWHRdy</td><td>  0.0</td><td>BarInHg</td><td>29.99</td></tr></table></body></html>

Everything works fine, it just doesn't refresh (computer and IOS web browsers refresh OK).

Still inoperative on new IP-670 running SIP 3.3.3.0069

Message 4 of 4