Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Microphone input adjustment options for Polycom VVX150 Business IP Phone

JCLANTON
Visitor

Microphone input adjustment options for Polycom VVX150 Business IP Phone

Is there any way to adjust the microphone input of the phone base? Working to resolve issues of reported weak\muted\unclear audio input while using the external speaker.

If not, is there a viable option of using a external microphone to increase the quality of audio input? The only microphones I can find are for the SoundStation conference types and aren't compatible with the desk phone 150 units.

Thank you

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Microphone input adjustment options for Polycom VVX150 Business IP Phone

Hello @JCLANTON ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

It would be useful to find out if this is running UC Software or ObiEdition? Also, a backup could be useful.

I suggest you study the FAQ and then come back with some answes.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 4
JCLANTON
Visitor

Steffen,

Thank you for the response. The 150 is running UC Software and I've provided a backup from one of the devices affected.

I've gone through multiple FAQs, manuals and other sources without finding any solution.

SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello @JCLANTON ,

This model of the phone does not support acoustic fence so please copy the below into an editor and save with any filename and a type of .cfg. Then import via the Web Interface:

<tweb voice.ns.hs.enhanced="0"
		voice.ns.hd.enable="0"
		voice.ns.hd.enhanced="0"
		voice.ns.hs.enable="0"
		voice.ns.hs.enhanced="0" />

If this still fails please work with Scansource who sold the phone back in 7/9/2020. They are your Tier 1 support.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 4 of 4