Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi Polycom.

We have VVX 300 and VVX 400 Phones with Firmware version: 4.1.8. We are having problem on the missed calls display

as we've changed the phone display name and label but still the old display name is showing for the missed call. Confirmed that Display name and label was properly configured and when dialling out we can see the correct name display. We also

tried to clear the misscalled ( call lists) but still we are getting same result. Any advise for this?

Thank you.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello userpabx,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

UC Software 4.1.8 is not the latest released software for the VVX so I suggest you test this using UC Software 5.4.0 first.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I setup my Phone / Provisioning / Download / Upgrade / Update / Downgrade Software?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

In addition depending on your SIP server the Display name added to a Polycom phone via the Web Interface may be overwritten by the SIP Server itself so you may want to have a look on the SIP server first.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

We are unable to upgrade the VVX phone as there is issue when we use 5.4 Polycom as our client has colored expansion and the Volume icon is not properly working this has been escalated to polycom and up to now we didn't hear any response.

In addition to my inquiry we've checked the SIP server the name was properly configured in our PABX  and it is displaying correct display name even when we are sending call even SIP logs is displaying correct name.

Do you have any suggestion aside from upgrading the firmware?

Thank you

HP Recommended

Hello userpabx,

the next step would be to capture a wireshark trace of a call so you can compare what is send.

Jan 19, 2012 Question: How to troubleshoot Polycom VoIP related Issues?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

In addition could you share the Polycom ticket reference starting with 1- ?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Stefen,

Yes, I've checked the sip logs please see below for sample trace:

+++
From: "Jie Lan" <sip:100@XX.XX.XX.XX:XXXX>;tag=AE98C412-6AD3AA11
To: <sip:119@XX.XX.XX.XX>;tag=as18e4d898
CSeq: 5870 SUBSCRIBE
Call-ID: b65cc39a-839a0fc9-6e0f3bf2@10.63.1.145
Allow: INVITE, ACK, BYE, CANCEL, OPTIONS, INFO, MESSAGE, SUBSCRIBE, NOTIFY, PRACK, UPDATE, REFER
Event: presence
User-Agent: PolycomVVX-VVX_400-UA/4.1.8.0628
Accept-Language: en
Accept: application/xpidf+xml,text/xml+msrtc.pidf
Authorization: Digest username="100", realm="xxxx.net", nonce="5f7d99c0", uri="sip:119@XX.XX.XX.XX:XXXX", response="42451b30c65d4d14c92cc4ce181f958f", algorithm=MD5
Max-Forwards: 70
Expires: 3600
Content-Length: 0
+++

Please see attached screenshot for your reference you will see there that calling name is correct but missed call is different.

About old issue:

In addition could you share the Polycom ticket reference starting with 1- ? - Im currently getting the ticket number with our sales provider.

Thank you

HP Recommended

Hello userpabx,

The snippet you are showing is from presence so it will not be the same as from an INVITE.

Please check what is being send in the INVITE.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

My apology for late update as I tried to do factory reset and based on latest test call we still got same result. Did you see the attached photo on my previous post?  here is the new call log:

++++
INVITE sip:119@XX.XX.XX.XX SIP/2.0.
Via: SIP/2.0/UDP XX.XX.XX.XX:1005;branch=z9hG4bK2621deb4;rport.
Max-Forwards: 70.
From: "Jie Lan" <sip:100@XX.XX.XX.XX:1005>;tag=as7f0de5b2.
To: <sip:119@XX.XX.XX.XX:1005>.
Call-ID: 786c36d30d75471f00e8bfa30371f19e@XX.XX.XX.XX.
CSeq: 102 INVITE.
User-Agent: X-Connect.
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2015 07:47:20 GMT.
Session-Expires: 7200.
Min-SE: 90.
Allow: INVITE, ACK, CANCEL, OPTIONS, BYE, REFER, SUBSCRIBE, NOTIFY, INFO, PUBLISH, MESSAGE.
Supported: replaces, timer.
Alert-Info: Default.
Remote-Party-ID: "Jie Lan" <sip:100@XX.XX.XX.XX>;party=calling;privacy=off;screen=no.
Content-Type: application/sdp.
Content-Length: 325.
v=0.
o=root 543341947 543341947 IN IP4 192.168.14.10.
s=IP PBX 11.17.0.
c=IN IP4 192.168.14.10.
t=0 0.
m=audio 13300 RTP/AVP 8 9 0 18 101.
a=rtpmap:8 PCMA/8000.
a=rtpmap:9 G722/8000.
a=rtpmap:0 PCMU/8000.
a=rtpmap:18 G729/8000.
a=fmtp:18 annexb=no.
a=rtpmap:101 telephone-event/8000.
a=fmtp:101 0-16.
a=ptime:20.
a=sendrecv.
+++

Thank you.

Regards,

Giselle

HP Recommended

Hello Giselle,

so far you have not provided the originally requested Polycom service ticket reference.

In addition the FAQ suggestion should help you to troubleshoot the issue by checking the SIP logging of the phone in order to verify that at no stage this name is being submitted.

Again only posting a snippet from the Invite but not showing the rest of the messaging once the call is cleared does not enable anyone to help you troubleshooting this within the community.

My actions as a moderator are limited as I am unable to provide free support.

Mar 8, 2012 Question: What kind of support should I expect from the Community?
Clarification: Please check => here <=

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.