Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Missing Network Cable for SoundStation IP 5000 package

Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Missing Network Cable for SoundStation IP 5000 package

Dear Polycom,

My company had ordered a SoundStation IP 5000 for tele-confrence. I'm trying to set it up right now, but I also found that a piece of the equipment shown in the Quick Start Guide/manuel is missing. It's the "Network Cable adoptor"? Which has one ethernet plug on one end, ethernet cable reciving end on the other end, and in the middle, can be plugged in by AC Power Cord. Without this piece, we cannot set up the conference phone. (Why is it labled "optional," as it is certainly an essential piece)

Could you please help me with this issue by sending us the missing piece? or is there other way to set it up without it? 

Sincerely,

Alex

MBA Inc.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Missing Network Cable for SoundStation IP 5000 package

Hello Alex,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

All our IP Phones are usually powered via PoE which is an industry standard.

If your setup does not cater for PoE you will need to purchase either the phone to be delivered with this power adaptor or purchase the power adaptor separately.

Whoever sold you the phone can simply sell you also the adaptor.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 4
Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Thank you for the quick response!

It has been awhile since the product was being purchased... Could you point me to the right direction as where to buy it? or if I wanna do a search online, what would this cord be called?

-Alex

MBArchitects.

Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello Alex,

In order to identify the right country etc. for this Phone can you provide me with the Serial of the device usually starting with 0004F from the bottom of the phone?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 4 of 4