Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We want to be able to conference more than two calls at a time on the Polycom 6000. Our VoIP provider said everything is set up on their side to be able to do that. How do we enable that feature on the phone?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @Cazimmy,

As outlined now on multiple occasions including the FAQ post the phone cannot do more than 3 together.

Your previous provider may have supported a centralized conference , as described in the FAQ, but you need to check with your provider.

From a Polycom perspective we can close this topic as we explained in detail what the phone is capable off and what not.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

I would also like to know this...we need at least 7 people on our conference calls...please advise the set up.  we have Polycome Soundstation 2W.  Cheers.

HP Recommended

Hello @Cazimmy,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Oct 25, 2011 Question: What is the maximum amount of participants in a conference call?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

@Kylie

The SoundStation 2W is an analog phone so you posted in the wrong section.

The PSTN FAQ contains:

Oct 20, 2011 QuestionHow can I setup a conference or how many participants can be in the conference?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks for the response. 

I went ahead and updated the Bootrom and the Application version. 

I added this to the config:

feature.nWayConference.enabled="1"

which seems to have been retained however, there is still no manage option. In addition, I'm trying to add more than one line to the phone and I've added:

feature.enhancedFeatureKeys.enabled="1"

but I don't see a place to put a second line in.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hello @Cazimmy,

As already stated you can make one call to another location and then conference a 2nd call into this making this a 3 way conference. This is the maximum your phone supports.

Any more participants and you server needs to host this for you.

You can also only use 1 Line on any of the SoundStation IP Phones.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

That is surprising as we had this same model previously with a different provider and it did more than a 3-way conference. Also, I checked with Polycom prior to purchasing and they said it would do it.

HP Recommended

Hello @Cazimmy,

As outlined now on multiple occasions including the FAQ post the phone cannot do more than 3 together.

Your previous provider may have supported a centralized conference , as described in the FAQ, but you need to check with your provider.

From a Polycom perspective we can close this topic as we explained in detail what the phone is capable off and what not.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Sorry to say that your answer seemed a little snippy. Polycom should not have told me differently before I purchased this unit.

You can go ahead and close this out.

HP Recommended

Hello @Cazimmy,

Apologize for simply stating the facts and explaining the technical limitations.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Wow. This wasn't better.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.