Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello Larry,

The XML file naming convention does not need to follow a certain name for the starting tags.

I just named them that way.

The Memory output only shows at level 2 so your syslog needs to be changed on the phone to report Level 2:

device.set="1" device.syslog.renderLevel.set="1" device.syslog.renderLevel="2"

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks, that did the trick!   I do see a bunch of CpuLoad / memShow statistics coming in to the syslog.

I will post another update next time we have a crash.  Shouldn't take too long; we have had 3 crashes today so far.

HP Recommended

Okay here we go:  we had a crash a short while ago while the CPU/memory logging was running, and I've attached the syslog here.  It contains several of the CPU/memory logs from that phone (as well as others), and the crash is at the bottom.

Thanks again for taking a look.   I hope this info helps!

- Larry McP.

HP Recommended

Hello Larry,

the memory does not seem to go down but the log before the crash shows:

Nov 19 17:13:44 192.168.1.201 1119171344|sys  |*|03|0x9571a800 (tApp1): memPartFree: invalid block 0x95502b00 in partition 0x94e51cec.

Please go ahead and raise this via one of the resellers I mentioned before.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Good evening Mr. Baier:  we have contacted both of the resellers you looked up for us, and unfortunately we're not able to get them to work with us on these phones.  One of the vendors noted that the original support contract expired, and the other vendor referred us to a "sub-vendor" who could only work with the original purchaser of the phones.

I tried asking both vendors if we could purchase a support contract, and I also offered to pay to reactivate the support on these phones.   But neither one of them is able to do that, even when we offer to pay for the service.

Is there any other way that we can get help on this issue?  We are truly in need of assistance with this crashing problem, which even now continues to happen every day, and does not respond to anything else we've tried.   We would be willing to pay for the support, such as a per-incident fee or similar, in order to get this issue resolved.   I am writing to you in the hope that somehow, some way, there is an option for us to get the assistance that we so dearly need in this situation.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.