Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Multiple call parks or call holding accessible to all users.

Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Multiple call parks or call holding accessible to all users.

I'm half way through the order of a new polycom system, using mainly vvx410 handsets. Our current system allows users (we all work in one room) to put a caller on Park 1 and say to another user "hey Joe, I've got Dave on Park 1 for you". This is pretty essential to how we operate. The suppliers say that parking calls is doable but the user has to type in a code and the second user another code which is massive step backwards in how we handle things now.

Is there any other option? I don't mind what the terminology actually is, just that calls can be handed off with the minimum of handling as we have no receptionist but hundred of incoming calls and we don't want to use our direct dials.

This also needs to apply only to a separate group of 8 out of 60 extensions. All of those 8 will be part of the main ring group for the incoming number a drink part of a hunt group if that helps.

Thanks in advance.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Re: Multiple call parks or call holding accessible to all users.

Also, to clarify we have Park 1 to Park 4 at the moment and so we can have multiple concurrent holds.
Message 2 of 4
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello Johnbarnezdvd,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

It is always useful to include the currently used UC Software version as issues experienced may already be addressed in a newer release.

Please also include if you are using a SIP server or a LYNC / Skype for Business server.

This also allows yourself and others to check against current software release notes.

The above is also stated in the "Read First"

Therefore the Polycom VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Question: How can I find out my SIP UC Software Version or the BootROM Version of my Phone?
Resolution: Please check here

Once we know what kind of SIP switch you are using we may be able to comment.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Hi,

Thanks for replying.

It will be the UC-One system from Broadsoft.

Thanks,

Message 4 of 4