Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Good morning,

I am experiencing a problem whereby I have a Polycom SoundPoint 331 and am trying to connect this device to 2 different SIP servers each with their own outbound proxies.

When I enter the SIP configuration screen, there is only place for 1 outbound proxy.  When however I look at the Line configuration I am presented with another outbound proxy however this does not seem to work.  I am only able to correctly register the line when using the outbound proxy in the SIP configuration.

Is this correct or could you advise how I get this to work?

Also is there a keystroke possibility to open the web control panel as one of my providers configurations disables this function, and they refuse to just give me the configuration setting that I would then be able to manually enter in the web cp myself.

Many Thanks in advance,

Ian

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello Ian,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

It is always useful to include the currently used software version as issues experienced may already be addressed in a newer release.

This also allows yourself and others to check against current software release notes.

Therefore the Polycom VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Question: How can I find out my SIP UC Software Version or the BootROM Version of my Phone?
Resolution: Please check here

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

The details you requested are:

SIP:

SoundPoint IP 331

2345-12365-001-Rev:B

BootBlock:

3.0.2.0024 (12365-001)

Updater: 4.4.0.0080

HP Recommended

Hello Hello Ian,,

You should be able to specify two separate Proxy servers as the configuration parameter for this is offered in the Web Gui or via a configuration file.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

Thank you for your assistance so far.

As I previously stated in my question, currently the web control panel has been disabled, however, even with this running, when I enter the outbound proxy in the Line configuration, this does not appear to work, I get errors like URL call is disabled, and others that I am unable to currently remember.

There does however appear to only be one place through the phone control panel to set an outbound proxy, and this is in the SIP settings.

I am at a bit of a loss.  Is the outbound proxy that you are referring to the one that is in the Line Configuration menu? and if so, this should then work for 2 different servers, and override the SIP outgoing proxy for that specific line?

Again, thanks, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Ian

HP Recommended

Hello Ian,

changes via the Phone's GUI have a higher priority that the ones of the Web Interface and these are higher than the configuration files.

I suggest you get the admin password from the previous provider or let them login to the phone and factory reset it so you can make your changes in a controlled manner.

Polycom does not disclose how to factory reset the phone if the changed admin password is lost or unknown.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hello Ian,

I just checked on a VVX running UCS 4.0.6 and the Web Interface also only shows 1 proxy.

So I assume it is working as designed.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Hi Ian,

If you leave the Server and Outbound Proxy settings on the SIP config screen blank, you can then specify the Server and Outbound Proxy settings for each line, allowing you to use a different proxy for each line.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.