Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

For a customer I have a test station VVX500 with latest firmware 5.3. The device is working as lync device.

Before I deployed this test device I have double checked the firmware in my lab. In lab it worked without problems on a vvx400.

At customer the firmware is deplayed using lync control panel. Logs show it is loaded. Wav file is accepted as MoH file.

Unfortunately something is wrong. The MoH sounds distorded. Check in wireshark shows the audio is chopped in parts of 10mSec. Some parts are correctly passed through, some not.

It mostly is: 10msec is silent, then 10, 20 or 30msec is passed through.

Setting parameter feature.moh.payload from 80 to 20 didn't help.

Changing wav file from 8bit ulaw to 16bit didnt help either.

Before I make ticket (which I'm not sure how and where to do) , is there anything I might have overlooked?

Attached exported wav file. MoH is activated at 27 sec (call placed on hold). Exported audio is only the received part. 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello R. Plugge,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Does this work with the original factory supplied WAV file and fail only with your custom one?

Have you compared the files?

The next official step forward would be you raising a Polycom support ticket via your Polycom reseller.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I did two changes: change to polycom moh wav and set res.quotas res.quotas.tone from "1024" to "800".

This time moh was correct, but not sure what caused the change. Both wav files look the same in audacity with same codec parameters. All files play correctly on vvx400 with res.quota.tone=1024.

Unfortunately customer also reported transfer problems and I have to fall back to older firmware for now.

Thanx for the quick hint and maybe till later on this forum.

HP Recommended

Hello R. Plugge,

I actually reached out to some of your colleagues that I dealt with other cases before. If you still find issues please escalate this into Polycom support.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Might be a bit late to the game, but make sure there are no spaces OR special characters in the audiofile name, including underscore _ and dashes - ...  That did the trick for me after much fighting and frustration.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.