Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mute Tone for Polycom Realpresence Trio 8800

SOLVED
Highlighted
Visitor

Mute Tone for Polycom Realpresence Trio 8800

Maybe somebody can help me out with this, as I have been searching the admin/user guides and cannot seem to find an answer to this question, unless I'm simply overlooking it- which is a real possibility.

We operate in a CUCM environment, and all of our phones are Cisco except for one conference phone which is the Polycom Realpresence Trio 8800. On our cisco conference phones like the 8831 or 7937, when one hits the mute button, it plays a short tone to indicate that mute is on/off. The Polycom Trio doesn't do that. Is there a way to configure the phone to play some type of tone  when the mute button is pressed? Thanks ahead of time for any guidance.

-Dave

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Mute Tone for Polycom Realpresence Trio 8800

Hello Dave,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

We have various tones but a mute tone is not one that you can define.

Jan 03, 2013 Question: How can I request a change to the current Polycom SIP / UC Software?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Please be aware:

The purpose of these forums is to allow community members collaborate and help each other.
Questions posted here do not follow Polycom’s SLA guidelines.
If you require assistance from Polycom technical support, please open a
web service request or call us .

The above is necessary in order to track issue internally within Polycom.

You are welcome to post more questions or configuration or logs for other community members to look at but if your issue requires a fix via Polycom you must go via the official support structure.

Please ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Polycom employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 4
Visitor

I just want to clarify:

I don't necessarily want to define a tone for muting, I just want any tone to play when the mute button is pressed during a call. Right now, when mute is pressed it stays completely silent. I would like for there to be some type of audio indication that the phone is on mute. Is this function unavailable?

On my Cisco 7937, when I press mute on a call, it plays a short beep. On my polycom 8800, there is no beep and I can't seem to find the setting that would activate/deactivate this feature- if it exists.

Message 3 of 4
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello Dave,

The Cisco 7936 and CIsco 7937 are manufactured by Polycom for Cisco but we have no control over features that these units have.

The Trio does currently have no such feature and as already explained you need to raise a feature request for this.

Simply quote VOIP-118487 when submitting this via a Polycom reseller.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Please be aware:

The purpose of these forums is to allow community members collaborate and help each other.
Questions posted here do not follow Polycom’s SLA guidelines.
If you require assistance from Polycom technical support, please open a
web service request or call us .

The above is necessary in order to track issue internally within Polycom.

You are welcome to post more questions or configuration or logs for other community members to look at but if your issue requires a fix via Polycom you must go via the official support structure.

Please ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Polycom employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 4 of 4