Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We have several VVX 500 phones running load 4.0.1.13922. When another phone is setup to enable Buddy Watch on the VVX, the status seems to show okay at first. When the VVX receives a call, the monitoring phone correctly shows the extension in use. However, once the call is hung-up, the VVX remains in a status of Busy until we manually go to My Status and set it to Online.

Why is the VVX defaulting to Busy status after a call, and how do we change this? It's very confusing / annoying having to manually set this after every call.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hello ks3,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I would suggest to test UCS 4.0.2 Rev B instead.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

The VVX 500 is now running 4.0.2.11307, but the problem persists. When hanging up a call, the VVX status remains at Busy until manually setting My Status to Online.

HP Recommended

Hello ks3,

in order to troubleshoot this issue and follow up correctly please work with your Reseller and/or Polycom Support (PPI may occur)

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I am having the exact problem running 4.0.1.13922.

After setting My status to Online, when lifting handset it changes to Busy, and never change back.

Did you solve this problem? How did you solve it?

Regards, Jan Berggren, Telehundra AB 

HP Recommended

Hello Jan,

I am not aware of this issue and had not dealt with any cases regarding this.

I would recommend you upgrade to the latest UCS 4.0.3 Rev F and test this and if this still occurs log a ticket via your reseller with Polycom support.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended
Regretably the same issue persists on UCS 4.0.3 Rev F. Actually, this issue appeared after upgrading my VVX 500 to 4.0.3 Rev F (from 4.0.1 Rev B). It will be very much appreciated if anyone can share the remedy for this problem. Thanks.
HP Recommended

Hello Wonbin,

I am still not aware of this issue and had not dealt with any cases regarding this.

I would still recommend to log a ticket via your reseller with Polycom support.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Was in contact with Westcon technical support(distributor in Sweden) since Polycom wants us to use them, and they just gave this information: "Have you searched here: http://support.polycom.com/PolycomService/support/us/support/voice/business_media_phones/vvx500.html " 

I have searched within Polycom support, but not finding anything that resolves this. If it is a setting, please tell which one.

Really needs help on this.

Regards,

Jan Berggren, Telehundra AB 

HP Recommended

Hello Jan,

as far as I am aware there is currently a ticket open for your case raised by Westcon.

Could you contact me via community mail and provide me your details and a MAC address of the Phone in question?

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.