Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

NAT traversal on IP331

Francesco_S
Occasional Contributor

NAT traversal on IP331

I would like to connect a SoundPoint IP331 to a SIP server in a different LAN acreoss a NAT traversal.

I know I can configure the static NAT IP address, however I'd like a dynamic configuration. An an example,in my home ADSL router the public IP address is assigned by DHCP and can change every few days; so if I'd put an IP331 in my home LAN, I should check and change the NAT IP every day or so. And of course this would be unacceptable for a business system.

How can I solve my problem? STUN protocol could help, but AFAIK IP331 ver 3.2.2 does not support it.

Francesco

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: NAT traversal on IP331

Hello Francesco,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

As far as I am aware we only support NAT with a fixed IP.

STUN is not supported in current Version of SIP/UCS Software.

In order to add new Feature my only advice would be to contact your Polycom Reseller and work with them to submit a Feature Request once you provide a Business case for this to be possibly implemented into future Software Releases. 

Best Regards

Steffen Baier 

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 2