Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Need Help With Polycom SoundPoint IP firmware update

Visitor

Need Help With Polycom SoundPoint IP firmware update

I am trying to update firmware on my IP 321 to 4011.  I follow steps and when I reboot, new version doesn't take?  Still old version

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Need Help With Polycom SoundPoint IP firmware update

Hello @marnspiger,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

You did not provide sufficient information for anyone to try and help you.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I setup my Phone / Provisioning / Download / Upgrade / Update / Downgrade Software?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please follow the above if not already done and provide us with some logs.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 8
Visitor

I actually have a 320.  Ring Central is trying to provision my phone and say I need to upgrade my firmware.  When we type in my phones IP address into a browser we see "red menu bar"  which I guess is old version.  No matter what info we enter into the phone we get same error message, "Can't connect to boot server".  Unitl I can get past that I am dead in the water.  I had the same phone before and it died so this is a new-old phone.

Message 3 of 8

Hello @marnspiger,

An SPIP320 can only go to UC Software 3.3.5 as a maximum.

Maybe time for a new phone ?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 4 of 8
Visitor

Ring Central was able to manually program my phone and it works fine.  However, they were unable to get the time to change.  Day and Date are correct (on display).  Seems like phone will not connect to Polycom server.  

Message 5 of 8

Hello @marnspiger,

the time on your phone has nothing to do with a Polycom server.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Message 6 of 8
Visitor

Thanks for your quick reply.  How can I change the time on my phone?

Message 7 of 8

Jan 28, 2013 Question: Time and Date flashing or unable to set time correctly

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Message 8 of 8