Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

First, please know that I come from a Cisco UCM/UCS world and I have been looking for a long while before deciding to post here.

I have an Elastix 2.4.0 PBX provisioning Polycom SoundPoint IP 335 phones and I am hoping to accomplish something similar to what I did with a Cisco deployment in the past.

Roaming users - I have a lot of them, the admin that set this system up has extensions for each person in each typical location. Fine, but not fun. In the Cisco deployment I set up the phone to be extensionless until someone logged into it (extension and password - voicemail access data basically). This allowed a VP to move from phone to phone throughout the building or geographically different sites and carry their settings, lamps, etc. to the new phone they logged into.

Now I am sure this will raise all sorts of questions, but I am really hoping someone understands what I am after and can point me in the right direction. I have been through the admin guides a few times, but I am just missing it. Maybe the terms are different or the functionality even if used not quite as intended, just is not possible.

I'm not asking someone to do this for me, just please point me in the right direction if possible.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Hello

Please search the FAQ for the below post

Oct 20, 2011 Question: How can I use the User Login Feature introduced in UC Software 4.0.0?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

Limitations on these entry level phones may occur and your Popycom reseller can provide you with further support

Replied via a mobile device
------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended
Hello

Please search the FAQ for the below post

Oct 20, 2011 Question: How can I use the User Login Feature introduced in UC Software 4.0.0?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

Limitations on these entry level phones may occur and your Popycom reseller can provide you with further support

Replied via a mobile device
------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Extension Mobility in the Cisco world...yes exactly what I am looking for, but did not want to jade the result if the function/feature sets did not align. Funny thing is I have been through FAQ's and the admin guide and simply must not have put the pieces together. Thank you sir, much appreciated.

I am going to give this a go over the next two weeks and will report back. Looks right to me though. Thank you again.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.