Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello!  I am having quite the trouble getting my PolyCom VVX 450 set up for remote work from home.  The phone was provided through my work (a veterinary center) who uses Comcast.  I moved 4 hours away and my internet service is Spectrum.  I was told I would just plug the phone into the modem w/ an ethernet cable and it would work.  The modem and wifi are all set up and working great.  However, there is not place in the modem to plus in the phone.  I have it plugged into one of the 4 ethernet ports in the back of the wifi router, as well as in the LAN port on the phone.  At the top left of the phone is a phone icon w/ a red circle w/ an X in it.  When I pick up the phone there is a dial tone, but when I dial and press send it gives a busy signal, no matter what number I call. When I try calling in from another phone it goes to voicemail and only shows up on my Comcast business app linked to my cell phone.  I have call forwarding off on the phone and through Comcast business.  I have consulted through our IT department who says everything should be working fine (they walked me through a ton of troubleshooting suggestions, all were normal).  I am waiting for a response from Comcast, who has escalated it to their engineering department.  I am very frustrated w/ all of this!  I am the first employee to work remote for this company, so I don't have anyone else to base mine off of.  I am able to use my cell phone through Comcast business to make calls, but I really need the actual handset to work.  Figured I'd hop on here and see if anyone has any suggestions.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello Amanda@cvcboca.com ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

Usually, this should just work but you may have to use >port forwading< on your router to ensure the relevant ports are passed to the IP of the phone. The above completely depends on your Router and we cannot advise you how to set this up.

Jan 21, 2014 Question: What Ports / Protocols are being used / need to be open in a Firewall?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

The important ones are:

• 5060 / 5061 for the SIP registration
  • 2222 to 2269
  • 80 / 443 to access the Web Interface of the phone (depends if you have admin access)

To find your phones IP:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I find out the IP Address of my Phone?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Amanda, 

I am having the same issue and I have Spectrum as well.  Were you able to solve the issue? If so, how did you do it.  I followed the information sent in this string but its still not working.

thank you for your help

Sean

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.