Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I need to reset Polycom SoundPoint IP 335 to default. I bought a used phone and I have an account with phonebooth.com, but I can't get the pohone to work. Please help.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello AV,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Could I please encourage you to use the Community Search Function for further posts?

You could have found this Post => here <= and the FAQ covering "How can I reset / Factory default my Phones configuration?"

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

The phone doesn't do anything when I push the menu button. I talked with phonebooth.com and they had me go into the setup and do the following:

Step 3: Configure Your Phone for Phonebooth Auto-provisioning

1. On your phone select the "Menu" key or soft-key (I WASN'T ABLE TO PUSH THE MENU KEY, BUT WHEN I PUSHED 'SETUP' IT LET ME GO TO 'SET SHCP MENU' AND THE REST OF THEM TOO)
  2. Settings-->Advanced-->Admin Settings-->Network Configuration
  3. Set DHCP Menu-->set Boot Server to "Static" (you may need to push the right arrow key to scroll through the options)
  4. Set Server Menu-->Set the Server Type to "HTTP" (you may need to push the right arrow key to scroll through the options)
  5. Set Server Menu--> Set the Server Address to "pb2.bandwidth.com/device" (The "." is "*" and the "/" is varies based on model and firmware)
  6. Save Configuration - The phone should now reboot
  7. Please test to make sure the phone can make an outbound and inbound call with audio flowing in both directions.

I did that, but now the phone just keeps on cycling through in the following sequence:

• Welcom!  10 seconds until boot
  • then it  says Waiting for nerwork to initiallize...
  • then Loading appication...
  • then Runnin "sip.Id"
  • then it sits there for a while then shuts off, flashes the polycom logo and starts over

What should I do?

HP Recommended

Hello Av,

please see my reply in your new additional post => here <=

Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

removed by the moderator

HP Recommended

Hello all,

We do not disclose within this official Polycom community how to reset the Phones if the Admin Password is lost.

Many of our partners utilize these phones and offer services so we cannot publicly disclose the procedure to do so.

If your phone is still able to connect to the Provisioning server please reset the password via the Device Parameters documented in the Admin Guide or here

The above is also stated in the Read First: Welcome to the Polycom VoIP Forum

If this is not possible please contact your Polycom reseller or the person you purchased the phone from.

We will remove any post replying to this that will publicly explain how to remove the password.

Any replies to this post are now blocked.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.