Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

New Configuration File Enhacements 4.0.4

Highlighted
Advisor

New Configuration File Enhacements 4.0.4

There a new update to the configuration file enhacment on 4.0.4

Anyones know any details of the following new changes...

sip-interop.cfg -> reg.1.useLocalTargetURIForLegacyPickup                       values 0 or 1

reg-advanced.cfg -> voIpProt.SIP.useLocalTargetUriLegacyPickup              value 0 or 1

I've had issue in the past with legacy call pickup *8 wondering if this is related and maybe polycom finally came around to fixing this issue, that everyone says does not exist (from Polycom's point of view)...

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: New Configuration File Enhacements 4.0.4

Hello surgemorales,

the detailed description will be added to the admin guide.

Example assuming the following config:

voIpProt.server.1.address="Polycom.com"
call.directedCallPickupString="*97"
call.directedCallPickupMethod="legacy"

Receive this in the NOTIFY body:

<local>
      <identity display="User A">sip:AAAAA@server1.com</identity>
      <target uri="sip:BBBB@server2.com"></target>
</local>

pickuprequest

useCompleteUriForRetrieve

useLocalTargetUriforLegacyPickup

*97BBBB@server2.com

*97AAAAA@server1.com

*97BBBB@Polycom.com

*97AAAAA@Polycom.com

In order to be backwards compatible the default for useLocalTargetUriforPickup is 0.

If you have further questions or issues please liaise with your Polycom reseller in order to follow the correct escalation structure.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 2