Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I tried to upgrade my VVX phones to the new firmware 4.1.5 but after downloading the sip.ld file, the phones won't boot anymore... It displays Waiting for network to initialize and then after Failed to get boot message...

17 REPLIES 17
HP Recommended

Is there any known issue related to the DHCP module on the new firmware 4.1.5 ?

I tried setting ethernet to use Static IP and it works fine...

But I need DHCP, anyone facing similar issue?

HP Recommended

HP Recommended
Hello Dave,

Issues must be reported via your reseller and/or Polycom support directly.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

send from a mobile device
------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

FWIW, I do not have any DHCP issues on the newest firmware on my VVX400s. 

HP Recommended

We had similiar issues today when we tried to have the phones pull new 4.1.5 config files.  The phones were using 4.1.4 prior to the new configs.  The updgrade failed for whataver reason, then DHCP would fail, and the phones could not contact boot server.

The router would respond to the dhcp requests, but the phones would not hold the IP.  

In order to resolve we simply defaulted out all of the phones and rebooted.  They are not all working with 4.1.5.

There is definatley an issue, what it is I do not know.  

try a factory reset, although the key combo 1,3,5 does not seem to work during boot up, only after boot up.  If you press cancel during bootup, you should be able to get into the admin menu to reset to defaults.

HP Recommended

@sevenbelow2001 wrote:

We had similiar issues today when we tried to have the phones pull new 4.1.5 config files.  The phones were using 4.1.4 prior to the new configs.  The updgrade failed for whataver reason, then DHCP would fail, and the phones could not contact boot server.

The router would respond to the dhcp requests, but the phones would not hold the IP.  

In order to resolve we simply defaulted out all of the phones and rebooted.  They are not all working with 4.1.5.

There is definatley an issue, what it is I do not know.  

try a factory reset, although the key combo 1,3,5 does not seem to work during boot up, only after boot up.  If you press cancel during bootup, you should be able to get into the admin menu to reset to defaults.

"They are NOW all working with 4.1.5.

HP Recommended

Just rebooted my router and the router is offering IPs to the phones, but the phones are not taking them.

So much for them all working.

HP Recommended

had to reboot switch and then the phones accepted the IPs being offered.  Could not tell if they were making it to the phones from the switch.

However, we have never had to reboot a switch to get dhcp to start working after DHCP failures on the phones. 

Definatly something wrong with the FM.  I am sure more people will be reporting to their vendors and/or polycom.

HP Recommended
Hello all,

As originally replied this needs to be reported to Polycom support. Simply posting it here will not automatically raise this via support.

Please contact support and provide a wireshark trace via a spanned port on the phone and ensure to provide the boot and app logs appended from a complete boot up.

Support may request certain log settings on a later stage.

Information can be found in the FAQ.

Best regards

Steffen Baier
------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.