Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Hi All,
I have got a Polycom trio 8800 with me if have configured the Skype for business and SIP(Panasonic) I am able to make calls to my Polycom trio from other phones and mobile, but unable to call other phones and mobile from the trio, but if I sign out the Skype from the trio the I am able to make both Incoming and outgoing call from Polycom trio
8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hello @Rahul Jain ,

welcome to the Poly Community.

Both the communities Must Read First and the FAQ reference the basic minimum information a new or follow up post should contain.

This ensures the questions having to be asked are limited and any new or follow up post contains the right amount of details to ensure any voluntary participant within the community does not spend additional time chasing basic information.

As a reminder the basic information asked for:

• Provide the exact Software Version of your Phone
  • Provide the Phone Model
  • Provide the Call Platform (aka openSIP,Teams, Skype for Business Online, Skype for Business on Premise, Lync)
  • Additional Poly Infrastructure (RPRM,PDMS or BToE)
  • If applicable provide a backup of the phone in question

UC Software 4.0.0 or later via the Web Interface Utilities > Phone Backup & Restore > Phone Backup > Phone Backup. Please rename into .TXT or Zip the file to attach.
Since UC Software 5.9.0 simply provide this via the Web Interface Diagnostics > Download Support Information Package

• If possible provide a Log and either attach them or use the Code Tag.Consult the Troubleshooting Section found within the FAQ if applicable
  • If possible provide the MAC Address or Serial of the device
  • Provide details for example if the issue is a day 1 issue or only happened after an upgrade or any other relevant details
  • For questions around Support please check here

Whilst providing some of these details may not directly impact any possible answer the community can provide, it does enable Poly to have an overview of the current software used. In addition, providing all details at the same time allow us to check logs or look up potential support partners if an issue needs to come into support. It also enables us to verify the entitlement for using features.

Please ensure you always check the FAQ's and/or utilize the community search before posting any new topics or follow up posts.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended
These are the details of Polycom trio as-
1. Software Version-- 5.5.2.11217
2. Model -- Realpresence Trio 8800, Skype
3. Call platform, Skype for Business online ,SIP
4. S/N --64167F76A57C
HP Recommended

Hello @Rahul Jain ,

You are using unsupported software. Please use UC Software 5.9.0 Rev AB instead

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I setup my Phone / Provisioning / Download / Upgrade / Update / Downgrade Software?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

For questions along Hybrid Registration:

Jan 25, 2016 Question:How many Lines can I register using Polycom phones with Lync Server / Skype for Business server ?

Resolution: UC Software 5.8.0 for VVX phones and UC Software 5.5.2 for Polycom Trio added the Hybrid registration feature. Details are in the Admin Guide or => here <= up to 3 different lines. The first one must be Skype for Business / Office 365

For questions around logging:

Jan 19, 2012 Question: How to troubleshoot Polycom VoIP related Issues?

Resolution: Please check => here <

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi I had also updated the software, but still the issue remain same. Also I have one more observation that if I disconnect my visual+ then I am able to makes call from both SIP and Skype for Business 

Attached are the Logs of Visual+

HP Recommended

Hello @Rahul Jain ,

Please ensure you always check the FAQ's and/or utilize the community search before posting any new topics or follow up posts.

This is why I responded with the 2nd quoted post aka the Hybrid post. In there I describe how to disable the Video for your SIP line.

If you still struggle please open a ticket with Tasktel Technologees Pvt Ltd or GECDF-Beetel Teletech Singapore Private Limited who we sold the Trio to back in 29/03/2019

End Customers are usually unable to open a ticket directly with Poly support.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Resurfacing this article years later since I came across it having the same problem.  I want to share my workaround so other people know how to fix this.  You have two options: Teams profile but no PSTN calling, or PSTN calling (SIP Generic profile) but no Teams app.

For the Polycom Trio 8800, even though it has a "Teams" profile and Polycom considers it to be Teams Certified, it's not.  The Teams profile functionality will work as a Teams user with most Teams functionality, except you will NOT be able to make outgoing PSTN calls and you will not have a dial pad.  The only way to make this possible is to reformat the phone with a GENERIC profile (not Teams) and follow Microsoft's documentation for setting up a common area SIP phone.  It takes away the Teams app and features with it, but it turns the Trio into a standard phone that allows incoming and outgoing PSTN calls. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/sip-gateway-configure#provision-and-enroll-sip-devic...

HP Recommended

Hello @Leicham ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

Thanks for the write-up but here are some corrections and education here from our Skype/Microsoft FAQ

Facts around Trio 8500 or 8800 and Microsoft Teams compatibility:

Nov 04, 2021 Question: Are Poly Trio 8800 and 8500 supported to be used with Microsoft Teams?

ResolutionAs explained >here< the Trio 8800 and 8500 are no longer supported as a Microsoft Teams device since 31/10/2021.
The Microsoft Teams App included in any current Poly UC Software build for Trio 8800 and 8500 is 1449/1.0.94.2020051601

In addition please check this article:

Apr 19, 2022 Question: Can I use compatible Poly SIP phones with the new Microsoft SIP Gateway?

Resolution: More details >here< and please be aware this is not the Microsoft 3PIP gateway using compatible Poly Phones using the Skype for Business Base Profile

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Thanks, but regardless of what Poly or Microsoft says, for those needing to get it to work via SIP, regardless of support, what I posted is accurate and validated to get your very expensive unsupported device to now work.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.