Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

No ring from outside line

Occasional Visitor

No ring from outside line

When a cell phone calls one of our Polycom phones, they do not get the ring from their phone. It is silent until the Polycom user either picks up, or it goes to voicemail. People often think that their call is not going through. Is there a configuration code that we can use to bring the ring back?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: No ring from outside line

Hello bgoranson,

welcome to the Polycom Community. I have moved your post in the correct section.

Does the phone ring if another internal phone calls the same line?

If the phone would have been set to Do Not Disturb you would be completely unable to get the call.

Please describe the exact scenario as you may be using shared lines or have turned down the ringer or similar.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 4
Occasional Visitor

The cell phone is the one not ringing. It is those rings you get when calling someone that let you know the call is going through. We are not getting those. Yes, we will get the call rings if a connected line is calling on the same network. We just need to fix the cell phone situation.

Message 3 of 4
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello bgoranson,

is this a SIP or LYNC installation?

Its most likely a your PABX as the phone, if it is rung, sends a 180 to the caller and this should prompt the Gateway to play a ringing sound.

Especially if the same happens when it goes to voicemail.

I would suggest you liaise with whoever installed your SIP switch and check the signaling.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 4 of 4