Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello everyone,

I'm new to polycom phones provisioning. I'm trying to provision polycom phones 350, 450, 550 to be used with microsoft lync.
the previous network engineer who was in charge of phone provisioning has left the company.
in our provisionin server there is ftp root directory which has files for provisioning phones. I have tried to provision some phones

it takes some settings but missing the sing-in address on the login credentials.
by default it has Domain, User and Password options, but I guess without the sign-in address options It can't be connected wiht the lync server.

Kindly let me know how can I add this sign-in address on the phones

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello rahmat,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

It is always useful to include the currently used software version as issues experienced may already be addressed in a newer release.  Some features also depend on the correct software version.

This also allows yourself and others to check against current software release notes.

The above is also stated in the "Read First: Welcome to the Polycom VoIP Forum"

Therefore the Polycom VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Question: How can I find out my SIP UC Software Version or the BootROM Version of my Phone?
Resolution: Please check here 

In order to sign into LYNC via username & password or even PIN authentication for phones that support this please check this FAQ post here:

Dec 6, 2011 Question: What Phone Models support the LYNC 2010 or LYNC 2013 Features added in UCS 4.0.1?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi , thanks for the reply. the phones that have the sign-in options have the 4.1.0.84950 version. However the phones which I have issue with have 4.0.1.13681 software version.

I didn't check the software of phones before resetting to the factory. however after resetting that is the version.

Please let me know if any further information is needed.

thanks for your support

HP Recommended

Hello rahmat,

Factory defaulting the phone would have not reset the Firmware to an older Version.

UCS 4.0.x originally introduced LYNC compatibility but you require configuration files in order to set this up.

UC Software 4.1.x added LYNC Sign in and for compatible phones PIN & Extension.

Please ensure you check the post I replied with above and upgrade all phones to UC Software 4.1.1

All of this is explained in the FAQ.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.