Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We are trying to upgrade the Firmware on new VVX 300 & VVX 400 devices but we are getting same error on phone and then it always went to restart loop.

Could not download xxxxxxxx.cfg , Using existing configuration.

Please help us to resolve this issue.

Regards,

Bhushan

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hello Bhushan,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

It is always useful to include the currently used UC Software version as issues experienced may already be addressed in a newer release.

Please also include if you are using a SIP server or a LYNC server
If LYNC or Skype please provide Version details and if these are on premise of off premise

This also allows yourself and others to check against current software release notes.

The above is also stated in the "Read First: Welcome to the Polycom VoIP Forum"

Therefore the Polycom VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Question: How can I find out my SIP UC Software Version or the BootROM Version of my Phone?
Resolution: Please check here

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

These are 3 of 8 brand new phones we just purchased. We configured them the same way we configured the other 5, and those 5 worked with no problem
2. The steps we took were:
   a. unpacked from box
   b. plugged into network on DHCP
   c. Reset to factory settings
    d. attempted firmware upgrade from version x to y

HP Recommended

We want to set it up for Skype Online (Office 365).

HP Recommended

Hello Bhushan,

how are you trying to upgrade these?

Please provide some basic details.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Please provide more information.

Are you trying to provision via ZTP?

Are you using DHCP option 66 (or some other option) to point the phone to your provisioning server containing the config files and firmware files?

HP Recommended

Hello,

I am having the exact same issue attempting to upgrade to 6.1.0.6189 :

Phone: VVX-301 (skype edition)

Current software: 5.6.0.17325

Office 365 Skye for Business

Using the Web interface and the Polycom hosted server.

HP Recommended

Hello @NickTNI ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

A couple of things.

If you are using UC Software 5.6.0 and are using Skype for Business online 6.1.0 is an unsupported software and won't enable you to log in to Skype anyway.

This is outlined in the release notes.

You should be trying UC Software 5.9.5 instead.

Please ensure you always check the FAQ's and/or utilize the community search before posting any new topics or follow up posts.

May 11, 2018 Question: Why do I get a "Failed to fetch available software from the Poly hosted server" error message or able to download list but unable to upgrade/downgrade?

Resolution: Please ensure your firewall allows outbound network traffic as shown  => here <=

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you but it doesn't resolve the issue. Log is attached.

HP Recommended

Hello,

is there already a solution for this issue. We have the same problem. Some phones (VVX301) won´t update. Actual version is 5.6.0.17325; we want to update to version 5.9.3.2857 but nothing happens. After a while the phone gets into a reboot loop.

Thanks a lot for any advice!

Kind Regards

Martin

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.