Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

Does anybody know how to fix this error message when booting up a phone?

"Not enough room for application!"

We purchased a lot of 10 phones for our office and when I try to provision them, it gives me that error and keeps rebooting.

I'm stumped.

Anyone know what this is?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello Vitaly,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Due being unsure of the previous history of these devices I would advise to setup a provisioning FTP server with the latest supported Software for these Phones and upgrade / load one phone and ensure you are only using the sip.cfg / phone1.cfg that is coming with the SIP download and load these phones via the 000000000000.cfg

Once you ensure they are properly working start modifying the individual configuration.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

We already have a provisioning server with the latest 3.1.8 version on there. Upon booting the phone, it goes through the regular process. I see it downloading the neccessary files, etc, then it displays the error: Not enough room for application! ... sits there for about 2-3 minutes and auto reboots.

Is there a way to wipe the entire memory off the phone? It "feels" like it really doesn't have enough space to copy over the correct files from our server.

-Vitaliy

HP Recommended

Hello Vitaly,

do you also have the latest BootROM in this directory ?

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Which one is the latest bootrom? Where can I find them?

I got one of the ten phones to turn on yesterday and this is the information on it:

Application version is 2.1.3.0028

Bootrom version is 3.1.3.0151

All the working phones in our office are on the following:

Application version is 3.1.8.0070

Bootrom version is 4.1.4.0122

Any specific instructions you can give me? I never worked with these phones before.

-Vitaliy

HP Recommended

The ones you said are working are on the latest Version.

All Information that I as a Polycom Employee can provide for free is already listed in the FAQ or has already been posted as a Topic.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

nvm, got it to work. had to type the mac addresses in lower case letters. 0004F* -> 0004f

HP Recommended

I ahd the same issue with 4.03 on a 550. Resolved by cold start>Cancel>Setup>Factory Reset>Format File Ssytem

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.