Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have a client that claims to me they have call waiting enabled.

They also have a Polycom 331 and looks like they are using UC software version 4.0.4

They claim that when they get an additional call, they dont see the LED light next to the line button blink. That typically if an agent was on the phone and call waiting was enabled, that the LED light would blink when another caller was coming through.  

I know that we set the configuration file to have 2 calls per line key and to have 2 line keys.  we also tried with 1 call per line key with 2 line keys.

Any help would be really appreciated

Thank you

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello cityguru,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Could your client and yourself please check page 11 of the User Guide => here <= ?

Answering When in Another Call

If you have an active call and an incoming call arrives (on the same or a different Line Key), the following
happens:

• A call waiting tone beeps. 

• If your phone is configured for a single Line Key per line: 

The second call may cause a call waiting tone to beep and the second call appearance will display. The call waiting prompt identifying the incoming caller displays for 10 seconds. You can ignore, answer, or reject the call. (The Reject soft key on private lines only.) 

After this point, the active call is in focus and you must scroll to the incoming call appearance to answer.

Above does not state that the Line Key will flash again on a second call.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended
That's bizarre because my technician says it does that on the current phone . Were you just referencing the guide and making the statement that it doesn't state this or are you saying as a fact that there is no way the LED indicator will flash on the second line.
HP Recommended

Hello cityguru,

I tested this myself and then verified this against the user guide.

The initial first call flashes the LED and concurrent second call to the same line only audibly alerts via a call waiting tone.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Steffen, not to say your wrong or anything since ultimately at end of the day I am just looking to get this resolved, but here is a Video demonstrating that it does in fact work that way. Videos speak much louder than text, so here you go...

Clearly line 1 on 320 was occupied.  Then I simulated an extension to extension call to the same phone, the second LED light did in fact blink to indicate there was an incoming call. 

So with this being said, the issue I am having is that when an agent is occupied on the call, in the newer version of the software, for whatever reason the second LED light is not appearing.  Note that the issue I have with the other phone (obviously not the one in the video which is working) the LCD screen does show another call is coming through with ability to accept the call, but the LED light is not blinking as it does in this video.

Additionally a hardware diagnostics was done and the LED lights do in fact work.  And for the first call it works fine, just not the second call.  Also my client has 14 of these phones in which this is happened on all 14 of them.  For these reasons I do not believe the issue is limited to just this one particular phone.

Now that you can see that this functionality is in fact present on the Polycom 320/330 perhaps you have further insight on the issue.

HP Recommended

Hello cityguru,

you are correct in the fact that if the calls rolls over to a second line the second line flashes.

What I am taking about and what I have quoted from the Admin Guide and tested myself is a single registration with one line only.

What you are demonstrating is the phone using two lines and the signaling for this would come from the SIP server.

As you are troubleshooting this for a customer I suggest to get in touch with your Polycom reseller in order to bring this to the attention of our Support team.

A simple trace and logs from a phone running an older software and newer in comparison with the configuration used should show what the issue is.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended
I believe this issue might have also been related to that of 4.1.1 mistakenly being used instead of SIP version. So until I retest this issue on the correct version it's best I do not say it's resolved or not but I thought it be important to note it was not running the correct software
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.