Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

OBitalk calls to VVX x50 Obi Edition phones provisioned by Google Voice

SOLVED
Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

OBitalk calls to VVX x50 Obi Edition phones provisioned by Google Voice

Looks like there is no issue with making outbound calls via Obitalk service **9<Obitalk number> or pp(Obitalk number) from the VVX x50 phones provisioned by Google Voice. 

However,  it's NOT possible to receive Obi calls on a VVX OBi Edition phone. Calls dialed to a VVX x50 Obi Edition phone via Obitalk (**9+Obi_number) are not ringing.They show up on the missed calls history, but they never get displayed or sounded on any of the VVX x50 Obi Edition phones configured with G-Suite Google Voice. 

Any suggestions? 

Many thanks,

Michael

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: OBitalk calls to VVX x50 Obi Edition phones provisioned by Google Voice

Hello @Michael8080 ,

welcome to the Poly Community.

As Google is in complete control of the phone settings I would suggest you log this with Google as they may have made changes to the original ObiTalk settings on the phone.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 7
Occasional Visitor

Hi Steffen, many thanks for your reply.

I would need to tell Google support folks which settings need to be enabled/changed.

They do not seem to be familiar with the OBi-number to OBi-number calls through OBitalk network.

I've talked with Google support folks from Guatemala who support US and Google support folks from Ireland who support Europe. Neither of the contacts seem to be aware of the OBitalk service. 

Do you know which settings need to be enabled? 

Many thanks!
Michael

Message 3 of 7

Hello @Michael8080 ,

from my own personal experience, once the phone is provisioned by Google, Google is the only service provider you can use.

I have asked this question internally from the team who look after the partnership but I cannot guarantee an answer. The official answer would need to come from Google as they offer the service.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 4 of 7
Occasional Visitor

Understood. Thank you.

I just need to tell Google what settings we need them to change in their VVX x50 configuration to enable receiving Obitalk calls. 

Message 5 of 7

Hello @Michael8080 ,

I forwarded this post to the team that works with Google and Google will make a change to the configuration so you should be able to use the ObiTalk feature.

Please liaise with Google if you have any questions on the timeline for this.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Message 6 of 7
Occasional Visitor

Hi Steffen, this is awesome.

You are great! 

Thanks so much for your help. 
Michael

Message 7 of 7