Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Occasionally CX300 does not power up on system boot / looses functionality during the day

Occasional Contributor

Occasionally CX300 does not power up on system boot / looses functionality during the day

Occasionally, across a Lync 2010 deployment, CX300 Phones do not power on when the workstations they are connected to boot.

The phones are without exception directly connected to a usb port of the workstation (on the motherboard),

the problem is not consistenty reproducible and doesn't seem to be related to a special type of workstation (MB/Type/Brand)

Additionally, during normal operation, lync occasionally shows "your speaker / microphone is not operable" (loose translation from german)

In both cases the issue can be resolved by disconnecting the device from the usb port and reconnecting it again (not dependant on port)

any ideas on how to prevent both cases from happening?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Occasionally CX300 does not power up on system boot / looses functionality during the day

Hello fiesch,

did you check if these units are from the same Hardware Revision?

Are these Desktop PC's or Laptops these units are connected to and what Operating System have you installed and what LYNC Communicator Version.

Is the Phone completely unresponsive and do you use any Sleep / Resume functionality on the OS?

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 6
Occasional Contributor

Re: Occasionally CX300 does not power up on system boot / looses functionality during the day

Hi

Please find attached the list of serial numbers of phones in question.

If needed, i can also have some of the staff check revisions, but would hope that the serial numbers are sufficient.

All workstations are windows 7 PCs, no power saving options enabled

There are about 5 phones connected to laptops at this time which show the same symptoms randomly.

In case one (does not power on) the phones are completely unresponsive, blank dispaly, no status indicator light.

In the second case (microphone / speaker), If i remember correctly, the display shows a speaker symbol and the phone did stil play back windows sounds (which soem of the phones do depending on HW configuration of the PC attached)

Oh and lync version (client) is 4.0.7577.314, issue occurs on both 32 bit versions (95% of clients) and 64 bit versions (dev workstations)

Message 3 of 6
Occasional Visitor

Good Morning,

Was this issue resolved, we have the exact same problem across similar OS/Hardware. (Window's 7 over Lenovo Laptops & Lenovo Workstations).

Terry

Message 4 of 6
Occasional Visitor

Same problem.

Users repower PCs and the CX300 does not power up. A disconnect/reconnect of USB solves the problem. Same phone on different PCs (desktop, laptop, through hub), same problem.

Polycom: At least three customers have this problem. Is it firmware, hardware?

Message 5 of 6
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello all,

it would be interesting to know if this happens with the same hardware manufacturer of the PC's or in a mixed environment.

There is no driver / firmware for these units as all the Software comes from the Microsoft OCX / LYNC Client.

Any escalations to Polycom should be raised via your Polycom reseller.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 6 of 6