Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have downgraded both of my IP telephones (VVX600 and VVX411) to software version 5.5.1.15937Q. I will report back with the results. 

HP Recommended

The problem persists despite downgrading to the previous software version. The telephones do not ring or show any missed/received calls but the received call history on the VoIP provider's end is accurate and shows the calls that should have rung the telephones. It seems that this issue is not related to the software version.

HP Recommended

Hello Xemu,

Simply run a wireshark trace before the phones so you can see if any SIP signaling is going through. Without this we cannot start the call.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Xemu/hodor,  Is it possible you are using the same VOIP provider or those providers are using similar Call Servers?

HP Recommended

JoeV, that is an idea that I had considered but hadn't given enough weight. My provider is 1VoIP. If hodor and I are both with 1VoIP that can narrow down where the issue lies. 

HP Recommended

I downloaded and installed Wireshark to see the incoming packets when I send a call to my IP telephones, but Wireshark isn't showing any captured packets despite the telephones ringing. I must not be using Wireshark properly. Even though when I call the telephones now they are ringing, what has been happening is that they will not ring when I try to call them later today or tomorrow. The behavior is erratic. 

Update: I just tried now to call them again and they already have returned to not ringing.

HP Recommended

Are you sure the device you have Wireshark running on has visibility to the packet traffic coming from your VOIP provider?

You might verify this by seeing if you capture an outgoing call from your phone.

HP Recommended

I tried an outgoing call and it didn't see it. I think this is due to my setup. The IP telephones are behind my router while the computer that is running Wireshark is connected wirelessly to the same router. 

HP Recommended

To see the traffic, you'd have to mirror your network port and to a hardwired port with a device running Wireshark if your router has that ability.  Otherwise, you'd have to put your network port on a hub and connect the Wireshark device to the same hub.

HP Recommended

Hello xemu and all,

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Jul 11, 2014 Question: How can I capture the network traffic of the phone remotely?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

or

Jan 19, 2012 Question: How to troubleshoot Polycom VoIP related Issues?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.