Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Only audio sip calls between VVX 1500D

SOLVED
Knuckles
Advisor

Only audio sip calls between VVX 1500D

Hello all,

We have two VVX on the office, and each time I call the other VVX, I have video call to the other VVX using SIP. But we use H323 for video calls , and we don't want to use it with sip.

I used the command 

<video.callMode video.callMode.default="audio">

But the call are still in video. 

We use firmware 4.0.3 on both phone, is there any solution concerning this problem ?

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Only audio sip calls between VVX 1500D

Hello Knuckles,

this is a known issue (VOIP-71514) as far as I understand and has not yet been fixed and only seems to appear in dual registration mode (SIP & H.323).

I would suggest you raise a support ticket via your Polycom reseller in order to get additional focus on this referencing the above.

As a workaround you could use the following:

feature.audioVideoToggle.enabled="1"

Above enables you to select the mode before making the call.

EDIT: In addition you may want to consider disabling Video Codec Support on SIP calls via your SIP call Platform so the phone would not negotiate a video call.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Only audio sip calls between VVX 1500D

Hello Knuckles,

this is a known issue (VOIP-71514) as far as I understand and has not yet been fixed and only seems to appear in dual registration mode (SIP & H.323).

I would suggest you raise a support ticket via your Polycom reseller in order to get additional focus on this referencing the above.

As a workaround you could use the following:

feature.audioVideoToggle.enabled="1"

Above enables you to select the mode before making the call.

EDIT: In addition you may want to consider disabling Video Codec Support on SIP calls via your SIP call Platform so the phone would not negotiate a video call.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2