Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi !

I am looking for a way to use the Polycom phone profile to override or statically set a DNS server information. The Polycom phones sits within a customer network (Private address space). I am trying to statically set the DNS information (remotely via phone profille) on the phone. (The phone is running SIP version 3.1). I found some information in the following manual (page A124-A127).

"http://supportdocs.polycom.com/PolycomService/support/global/documents/support/setup_maintenance/pro...

I tried a number of different combinations but the phone is still sending all DNS requests to the customer network DNS instead of the specified one. I added the following to the mac-phone.cfg file (also tried putting it in the sip.cfg file to see if I can get it to work):

<device>

<device.dns device.dns.altSrvAddress="218.xxx.yyy.zzz" device.dns.domain="" device.dns.serverAddress="203.xxx.yyy.zzz">

<device.dns.altSrvAddress device.dns.altSrvAddress.set="1">

</device.dns.altSrvAddress>

<device.dns.domain device.dns.domain.set="0">

</device.dns.domain>

<device.dns.serverAddress device.dns.serverAddress.set="1">

</device.dns.serverAddress>

</device.dns>

</device>

Any ideas on how to achieve this.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi Lion

Is the phone using DHCP?  I would imagine that the DHCP string is being seen by the phone first before the config files are loaded into the phone.  Try disabling DHCP then set the ip, mask and gw in the config and see if that helps...

Cheers

Dave

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.