Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

PC loses connection ip 331

Occasional Visitor

PC loses connection ip 331

Hi,

I've several ip 331 phones :

the software version is 3.3.1.0769

BootROM : 4.3.0.0246

All the devices are powered by POE lan ethernet port. So I connect my computers on the PC ethernet.

The issue : when i disconnect a laptop for few minutes of the PC ethernet port, it seems that the port shuts down and i have to restart the phone to get it up, but the phone still up.

Is there any parameter i have to configure ?

Thanks

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: PC loses connection ip 331

Hello zarmadaire,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

You would need to check the Phone's Log Files as described => here <= and in addition set the Logging Level for the Support Object to Event 3 or via a configuration file to log.level.change.so="3".

If the PC Port is unplugged and replugged a Message like this will appear in the Log:

0215094822|so   |3|00|Link status is Net up Speed 100 half Duplex, PC down.
0215094824|so   |3|00|Link status is Net up Speed 100 half Duplex, PC up Speed 100 full Duplex.

The Phones can support dot1x / eapollogoff but you would need to contact your Polycom Reseller for further support on this.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 2