Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I'm new at this position where our office uses the Polycom phones - I'm not familiar w/these phones.  The phone, randomly, at least several times a week, reboots itself and sometimes it's in the middle of a call I'm on OR a call coming in.  My boss is very upset -  when I called the Sales Rep that we purchased from he SUGGESTED I change the "power strip" -  he said he was told by Polycom that this could be the issue -- I've never heard of that!  Has anyone else experienced this problem?  I have the main phone for all the other extensions  -  but no one else is experiencing this here in the office except one other partner  - his office is immediately next to mine.

Could it me a problem with the location of where the phones are?  Any help would be greatly appreciated and I've been going "nowhere" with this issue!

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello dgaulin,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

It is always useful to include the currently used UC Software version as issues experienced may already be addressed in a newer release.

Please also include if you are using a SIP server or a LYNC server

This also allows yourself and others to check against current software release notes.

The above is also stated in the "Read First"

Therefore the Polycom VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Question: How can I find out my SIP UC Software Version or the BootROM Version of my Phone?
Resolution: Please check here

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I have a VVX 310 that is doing this also.  We have swapped out the phone and the power supply twice and it continues to happen.  The end user is describing it as "the first call of the day causes his phone to reset."  

After replacing the phone(s), we brought them back to our desk and made a phone call in, out, several times first thing in the morning before the end user got here.  It was not doing the reset at our desk.  We had two people making test calls from the phones we removed from the end user.

I finally put the phone away middle of last week and stopped testing it from my desk.  We got a call 2 days ago that his phone started doing a reset again.  We moved the phone to a separate port on the network to isolate the phone and computer.  We also put the phone on POE rather than the power supply.  We are waiting to see if it resets again.

All 3 phones are at version 5.5.1.11526.

HP Recommended

Hello DChilds,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Does this happen using a SIP server or a LYNC / Skype for Business server.

Is there a provisioning server setup ?

If yes the phone should upload its logs and if possible a core dump.

I suggest you raise a ticket.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post either your phone's MAC address or your Polycom devices serial so I can look up who would be able to support you.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

We are using the phones with Skype for Business

Yes there is a provisioning server set up.  I will contact the server admin to get the logs.

The two phones that we took out of service are:

0004F2DE9D15

0004F2DE8DBB

Dawn

HP Recommended

Hello Dawn,

Please raise this with WESTCON COLLABORATION as they sold the units back in 31/07/2015.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.