Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Package File: polycom.tgz

jeff-405
Occasional Advisor

Package File: polycom.tgz

I manually uploaded Package File: polycom.tgz then was extracted and processed by freebpx gui.

I was then hoping to find polycom under device list in Product Options/Configuration Editor.

But no product to select. This is a new system that was recently formatted for new install of latest asterisk release.

Last I remember I followed the steps above to download polycom phone config files and they where readily available

I.E..  phone.cfg,mac.cfg etc..

Have I mistaken the Package File: polycom.tgz contents or did I forget to to enable something?

whats striking to me is View & Download Logs in polycom utility Manager has no mention of missing config files

and the phone places calls.

Dont get me wrong i have several issues to resolve.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Package File: polycom.tgz

Hello jeff-405,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

You should really follow up with freebpx as I am not aware how they distribute our firmware within their setup.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this and many other post here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I setup my Phone / Provisioning / Download / Upgrade / Update / Downgrade Software?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 2