Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Paging/Auto Answer problems

Occasional Visitor

Paging/Auto Answer problems

Hello,

I am new  to Polycom phone administration and have an issue.  We recently moved to an IP phone system (3CX) from an old Nortel system.  For our managers we have Polycom VVX 410's and in the board rooms SoundStation IP 6000's.

The problem I am having with paging is that the phones are auto answering even when they have a call in progress.  It interrupts conference calls and all of the higher ups in the company.  We performed a firmware update on our cisco phones which added the feature to disable auto answer while on a call, is there anything like available that for the polycom phones.  If so does anyone have an example of how to use the feature i.e. Can it be enabled in the web interface somewhere or the in provisioning script?

TIA

Carl

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Paging/Auto Answer problems

Hello Carl,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

It is most likely a setting within your configuration or you are simply using a priority page group.

A standard Page acts like another call on the phone and simply waits until you select this. I priority Page would override the existing call and interrupt this.

Please ensure you are checking your web interface settings here: Settings > Paging/PTT Configuration.

For example ensure Accept While Busy is not enabled.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 2