Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We are running into issues getting paging to work how we want.  On our polycom vvx 410 phones we are configuring 3 seperate groups.  One to page the shop, one for the office, and one that pages everything.  The picture I am attaching will show how we have set up these groups.  The issue is that a person with an office phone would like to be able to page the shop but not hear when the shop gets paged.  So an office phone is set up with yes on available and send, and then no on subscribe.  From what I have read in the manuals and online this is how it should be setup.  So when I go to the phone to page the shop group it is not appearing on the phone menu.  So I cannot page the shop.  Is there something we are missing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello JBen,

As mentioned already I opened an internal ticket (VOIP-98244). It looks like at present there is no option that would do what you are after.

I can only suggest to work with your Polycom reseller to raise this as a feature request.

The reason for this and details are explained => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hello JBen,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

It is always useful to include the currently used software version as issues experienced may already be addressed in a newer release.

This also allows yourself and others to check against current software release notes.

Therefore the Polycom VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Question: How can I find out my SIP UC Software Version or the BootROM Version of my Phone?
Resolution: Please check here

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks I meant to include that.  All of our phones are running the latest UC Software Version 5.2.0.8330.

HP Recommended

Any ideas on this.  Does my post make sense?  We have it setup in a way that makes sense.  Why would unsubscrbing to a certain group not let us page to it?  We have it set to available and yes to send.  We just don't want to subscribe to it to hear the pages.

HP Recommended

Hello JBen,

I am checking this currently internally. Once I receive some feedback I will get back to yourself.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

I hate to keep bumping this or come off as impatient, but have you guys had any luck with this?

HP Recommended

Hello JBen,

As mentioned already I opened an internal ticket (VOIP-98244). It looks like at present there is no option that would do what you are after.

I can only suggest to work with your Polycom reseller to raise this as a feature request.

The reason for this and details are explained => here <=

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Thank you we appreciate your help.

HP Recommended

Hello JBen,

I actually received word that this is planned for the next UC Software release 5.2.3 and all later releases after this.

I do not yet have an ETA for this.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hello JBen,

UC Software 5.2.3 was released and has this new feature added:

• VOIP-98244 Parameters have been added to allow receiving PTT calls on a specified channel or on a specified group. These parameters are ptt.channel.x.allowReceive and ptt.pageMode.group.x.allowReceive.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.